Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Loungers Map

Wil Tam

Practically Family
I thought this may be kind of a fun project that all interested loungers could participate in.

I made it unlisted so that only people that read this thread & is interested can play with it

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...,5.734863&t=h&z=8&iwloc=00046273456a16ea7f790

I added one pinpoint to my apartment ... if you use the Google Earth program you can save & play it offline.

So go forth & find where you are to add yourself to the map.

----------------
Now playing: Sam Cooke - Fool's Paradise
via FoxyTunes

EDIT: Just wanted to say that it really isn't necessary to thank me for this... In fact it should be me thanking all of you because without your participation this little project would have failed miserably .... so I thank you & have fun!
smiley-signs013.gif

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
This was attempted a couple of years ago with not great success, mainly due to technical glitches. Looks like we'll have a better chance with this. It's amazing how nationwide and worldwide the Lounge has become.

Warbaby

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
.... It's amazing how nationwide and worldwide the Lounge has become.

I, too, been thinking lately about how interesting it would be to chart the demographics of the lounge members - how they're distributed around the world and where the greatest concentrations of members are. If nothing else, it would tell us where the coolest places to live are...

miss_elise

Practically Family
search for your address, then when the pinpoint comes up, click on "Add to my maps" and then you can change the title and description

so then if you delete all the other stuff that come up automatically it makes it harder to trace back

ortega76

Practically Family
Even though there's only a few pins on the map, it's cool to see the map "cycle" through the pins. From New York, New York to Canada to Australia to Sweden. Very fun.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
Thanks, MK for jumping aboard!

And for starting this Phenomenal Site which we lovingly call the Lounge.

I love this place & never a day passes that I don't drop by for a visit.

I have garnered much knowledge from the folks on here.

For all of this I salute you
salute.gif

----------------
Now playing: Tom Jones - You Can Leave Your Hat On
via FoxyTunes [huh]

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
Thanks Wil Tam!

:eusa_clap
It's kind of like enjoying hot pie ala mode:
it's much fun because on top of that warm fuzzy feeling that comes from being in the Lounge
there's the sweet cool of being on the map​
:D

Wil Tam

Practically Family
seems okay to me...

Warbaby said:
Can't get to the map - when I click the link I get the following message: {errorText:"Unable to contact server."}

warbaby could it be your isp that is causing you problems?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner