Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Repairs circa 2020

Hi

You're describing Buckaroo Hatters in Covington Tennessee. I live in Norman Oklahoma and took a friend of mine from work to Covington to get a new hat. Dan refers to Mike Moore's place as "The Adult Men's Day Care where you Buy Hats"

No coffee machine though and now Dan's girlfriend wants to go to.

Later
I used to go to Norman OK regularly as the company I worked for head office was in OKCity. We would do business in OKCity and drink in Norman. But have yet to venture east of Houston.....if I ever....well it has to include a trip to Buckaroo.

Like Steve, I do a lot of the work myself due to the lack of options. I now have 6 blocks and two flanges. I also have a small connection of hand tools for hats. I’m no hatter, but it’s enjoyable to work on my own hats.

Yamahana

One Too Many
I’m going to put in a plug for Ralph Loo in Ohio he’s @Anubis here on the lounge. I sent him some beater hats awhile back. One was a dirty beat up Dobbs Hankerchif with a dime size hole in the brim. When he was done with it he had cleaned, blocked, resized and the hole was completely undetectable. I have picked his brain a few times for ideas and I’m impressed with his skills and knowledge. He’s got the tools skills and ability and I’m sure he’d welcome the opportunity for the work and extra income. He’s a pretty humble guy and he’s not going to toot his own horn. I’m getting ready to send him a Lee and an Eakle for some restoration.

I’m going to put in a plug for Ralph Loo in Ohio he’s @Anubis here on the lounge. I sent him some beater hats awhile back. One was a dirty beat up Dobbs Hankerchif with a dime size hole in the brim. When he was done with it he had cleaned, blocked, resized and the hole was completely undetectable. I have picked his brain a few times for ideas and I’m impressed with his skills and knowledge. He’s got the tools skills and ability and I’m sure he’d welcome the opportunity for the work and extra income. He’s a pretty humble guy and he’s not going to toot his own horn. I’m getting ready to send him a Lee and an Eakle for some restoration.

I made several attempts to contact him and he never answered me. This was June-July last year. We exchanged some PMs and then he just dropped off the face of the earth. I’m concerned about sending a hat to someone I don’t know who disappears and doesn’t return messages for over a year. I’m glad you’ve had good luck with him. You should tell him to drop by The Lounge and reintroduce himself.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I made several attempts to contact him and he never answered me. This was June-July last year. We exchanged some PMs and then he just dropped off the face of the earth. I’m concerned about sending a hat to someone I don’t know who disappears and doesn’t return messages for over a year. I’m glad you’ve had good luck with him. You should tell him to drop by The Lounge and reintroduce himself.

I posted to his recent classifieds ad about sweatbands. Took him a few days to respond but he eventually did.

Yamahana

One Too Many
Yeah I asked a few but I should actually check the rounds again

To answer your question it's to add an extension in a sweatband, I'm dirt poor so I work with what I can and make due.

Any money I do get goes as fast as I get it, don't get me wrong I'm happy and greatful with my life but spending the money I'd like to on myself it's just not a luxury I have.
Well ‘‘twas just a thought for whatever it may or may not be worth. I tend to be a fan of most any good, humble, hard working underdog. I’m willing to give them a chance and the benefit of the doubt. Evidently messages can be missed or overlooked, I sent you one in June about your blue Portis and never got a reply.

Well ‘‘twas just a thought for whatever it may or may not be worth. I tend to be a fan of most any good, humble, hard working underdog. I’m willing to give them a chance and the benefit of the doubt. Evidently messages can be missed or overlooked, I sent you one in June about your blue Portis and never got a reply.

I’m sorry. The way you worded your message I read it that a response was only needed if it was a 7 3/8, which it was not. No offense was intended.

No apology needed in my behalf, I’m not one who gets offended. I was merely making a point in @Anubis defense.

I was engaged in a back and forth with him working out deltas and then he just stopped. I tried calling, emails, and PMs here on The Lounge. I honestly thought something big had happened and he had to drop everything. I don’t have any animosity toward him, and I’m glad he’s alright and still working on hats.

Standard Hat Works of Waco, Texas

The prices look great, but if I’m reading it right you have to be in the store with the hat after making an appointment and the work is done while you wait. Great if you live in the area, but tough if your far away.

Digging a little deeper it’s apparent that you can ship your hat to them for repairs.

https://standardhatworks.com/hat-services

54A14035-F14F-4396-A7A4-297305101946.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters