Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora sell off! How about a pre-war Borsalino? And more!

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Hi all,

I've been absent a while, and while the hat collection has grown and ebbed over the years, it's time to part with a few of my collected hats, ranging in sizes from a larger 7 1/8 up to some 7 1/2s. I'm linking two below, and you can view the rest via my eBay pages. Images are with the links, of course.

First teaser:
7 1/4 Borsalino vintage 20s-30 fedora
This is a special hat. While I’m no expert in hat-dating, resources online point to this being a pre-war Borsalino hat—the wide leather sweat band, for one thing, is taped in the back, and the label is an older-style label. No matter the age of the hat, it’s a classic with nice felt and a raw edge on the brim. You don’t see hats like this come up very often, so don’t let this one get away.

Marked size: 7 1/4” (label under sweat)
Inside back to front: 8:
Inside side to side: 6 1/2”
Crown height: 5” as blocked
Brim width: 2 3/8” (just a hair shy of 2 1/2”)

Second teaser:
7 1/4 Stetson Stetsonian 20s vintage fedora
You’ve got to check out this amazing hat. I’m not an expert on the matter, but the information available online points to this being a hat from the 20s: it has a taped leather sweatband, the stamping on the sweat matches 20s-era Stetsons, and the labels under the liner line up with that era, too. There are some condition issues—some mothing on the back of the brim behind the crown, a tear in the lovely old sweat, and some spots on the top. Still, if you’re a collector, this is a must-have hat. I mean, just look at that thin-curled bound-edge and that ragged-edge THICK hat ribbon. You won’t see many like this again!

Marked size: 7 1/4” (label under liner)
Inside back to front: 7 7/8”
Inside side to side: 6 5/8”
Brim width: 2 1/2”

And there are more! Don't forget to check out "See other items" for the rest.

Cheers,
A

Hi all,

I've been absent a while, and while the hat collection has grown and ebbed over the years, it's time to part with a few of my collected hats, ranging in sizes from a larger 7 1/8 up to some 7 1/2s. I'm linking two below, and you can view the rest via my eBay pages. Images are with the links, of course.

First teaser:
This is a special hat. While I’m no expert in hat-dating, resources online point to this being a pre-war Borsalino hat—the wide leather sweat band, for one thing, is taped in the back, and the label is an older-style label. No matter the age of the hat, it’s a classic with nice felt and a raw edge on the brim. You don’t see hats like this come up very often, so don’t let this one get away.

Second teaser:
You’ve got to check out this amazing hat. I’m not an expert on the matter, but the information available online points to this being a hat from the 20s: it has a taped leather sweatband, the stamping on the sweat matches 20s-era Stetsons, and the labels under the liner line up with that era, too. There are some condition issues—some mothing on the back of the brim behind the crown, a tear in the lovely old sweat, and some spots on the top. Still, if you’re a collector, this is a must-have hat. I mean, just look at that thin-curled bound-edge and that ragged-edge THICK hat ribbon. You won’t see many like this again!

Cheers,
A
That Borsalino is a killer hat! Too bad it's not my size.

Hi all,

First teaser:

Second teaser:

Cheers,
A

I saw both of those listed last night. That Stetsonian is a dream hat.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Hi all,

First teaser:

Second teaser:

Cheers,
A

I saw both of those listed last night. That Stetsonian is a dream hat.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I bought this Knox Twenty from Aaron today. I didn't know he was a Lounger at the time.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/332808694083
b729a03e584ad2d748db29d20f4085fc.jpg
ac1c2601b1e502977a4e203fa914533a.jpg
8d7c76fe4464c3b0a23b294ce5a01070.jpg
c773bf9c442c2680b7bf6e2785528a34.jpg
da84604c3e86a4e408756bd0745d188f.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I bought this Knox Twenty from Aaron today. I didn't know he was a Lounger at the time.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/332808694083
b729a03e584ad2d748db29d20f4085fc.jpg
ac1c2601b1e502977a4e203fa914533a.jpg
8d7c76fe4464c3b0a23b294ce5a01070.jpg
c773bf9c442c2680b7bf6e2785528a34.jpg
da84604c3e86a4e408756bd0745d188f.jpg

Doc: that Knox Twenty is gonna give a bunch of your hats all they can handle!!
It will give your Fortys what for too!
The color combo on this one is right up there with some of the best i’ve seen here. Imho
You will love this one!!
B
Ps: and that’s the wood stretcher with scales i told you about.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Super hats!

One question, if you please?

The tear in the Stetsonian sweat, would you call it a tear or is it already dry rot? The pics look fine, but maybe you could say a little more?

Thank you,
Daniel

Hi all,

First teaser:

Second teaser:

Cheers,
A

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Hi all,

First teaser:

Second teaser:

Cheers,
A
Hey, Aaron, is the bow torn in the Stetsonian? Or is it just the angle of the pic?

Lotsahats

One Too Many
The tear in the Stetsonian sweat, would you call it a tear or is it already dry rot? The pics look fine, but maybe you could say a little more?

Thank you,
Daniel

It's a tear, I'm afraid; when I picked up the hat a few years ago, I went to turn the sweatband out, gently, to see the labels underneath, and that's when the band tore. There's no other deterioration in the leather, though.

Cheers,
A

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Hey, Aaron, is the bow torn in the Stetsonian? Or is it just the angle of the pic?

It's a ragged-edged bow--on purpose. There's a term for it that's escaping me here, but it was made to be rough along the edge like that. The bow is in fine shape otherwise.

Best,
A

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
It's a ragged-edged bow--on purpose. There's a term for it that's escaping me here, but it was made to be rough along the edge like that. The bow is in fine shape otherwise.

Best,
A
I know about ragged-edged bows, I was referring to a "bend" in the bow in the picture. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ