Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedorafest III Stratoliner from Stetson

Status
Not open for further replies.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I am on it even as I type!
Man, this is too cool. Check my post out here on the Lounge about thin ribbons.
Back in '06 I started the Stratoliner Society thread.
Little did I know that I would be a part of this!

Thanks to all of my 'pards' here on the Lounge that gave their help in this endeavor!

It's great. I'm curious, We know Matt is a believer but are the other Hatco big shots becoming believers in the success of this hat? It is shaping up to be a big hit

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Yes please on the pin. DC3 is obviously in keeping with the original hats so very cool.

Thanks to everyone who worked on getting this to this point. I'm in for sure!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
It's great. I'm curious, We know Matt is a believer but are the other Hatco big shots becoming believers in the success of this hat? It is shaping up to be a big hit

I sure hope so! From this new Strat, they can chop the brim to 2 1/4, loose the liner, and sew on a little thicker of a ribbon and poof.......A vintage PLAYBOY. The Stetson higher ups need to see the potential here. They can launch their "Golden Era WW2 Collection" with this new Strat. There are plenty WW2 collectors and enthusiasts that would love to buy a hat that looks exactly like the hats from during the war.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
How about fix the Whippet that would be a good one. With the prices they are getting on eBay. Make a Whippet modern as good as a vintage one.:)
With summer temps I would like some vintage Stetson Milan's.

Mocheman

One of the Regulars
I sure hope so! From this new Strat, they can chop the brim to 2 1/4, loose the liner, and sew on a little thicker of a ribbon and poof.......A vintage PLAYBOY. The Stetson higher ups need to see the potential here. They can launch their "Golden Era WW2 Collection" with this new Strat. There are plenty WW2 collectors and enthusiasts that would love to buy a hat that looks exactly like the hats from during the war.

This is an excellent idea and a playing off of a company's heritage is always a win win especially now where nostalgia is coming back to many products. I just saw a whole bunch of grab bags of the Taco flavored Doritos in the original packaging.

I was actually going to post that the next hat they should consider if they go through with this one is a proper playboy. I have a vintage one(though not in my size) and the style and felt weight would be perfect for someone like me who lives in Florida.

I'd like to also add my great appreciation for the guys in pushing this new hat. I look forward to the final product and possible purchase.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Been reading all the enthusiastic ideas for MORE models for Stetson to produce etc. Why don't we just let THIS model be produced and let SALES of it convince them to do other models BEFORE we all get hyped up about others? $s and sales make a bigger impression on Corperations these days :)

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Been reading all the enthusiastic ideas for MORE models for Stetson to produce etc. Why don't we just let THIS model be produced and let SALES of it convince them to do other models BEFORE we all get hyped up about others? $s and sales make a bigger impression on Corperations these days :)

Well obviously this model should be produced before anything else, I was just saying that since corporations like to SAVE money and cut corners as much as possible, Stetson could take this model and use the same felt and block while making subtle changes to create different models. Less line changes + less overhead = more money for profit for Stetson and I'm sure the higher ups would love that.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I've already sent Major Mike & Rusty my review, so here are some photos of Proto2 & I did work a quick, dry diamond crease into this one...
PICT0001.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

That is beautiful... what color are they calling this one ????

majormoore

Vendor
Silver Belly, once we have this hat sold to the bulk of customers, and we see the hat is going over very well, we will decide what color the next one will be and order that lot, then do the same thing on the next color.

Once we get the pricing and the few small details work out, there will be a post on how to go and place your order.

Mike Moore

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Silver Belly, once we have this hat sold to the bulk of customers, and we see the hat is going over very well, we will decide what color the next one will be and order that lot, then do the same thing on the next color.

Once we get the pricing and the few small details work out, there will be a post on how to go and place your order

Mike Moore
From the pictures Rusty's seems to have a little more blue to it. Are the hats the standard current issue Stetson silverbelly or are different. Either way I like them but given my druthers I would go for Rusty's color over Dean's just my opinion. This is great. I don't know how I am going to convince my wife that all these silverbelly hats are not the same though.

Jeff

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
From the pictures Rusty's seems to have a little more blue to it. Are the hats the standard current issue Stetson silverbelly or are different. Either way I like them but given my druthers I would go for Rusty's color over Dean's just my opinion. This is great. I don't know how I am going to convince my wife that all these silverbelly hats are not the same though.

Jeff

Both hats are the same. The same Hatco silverbelly

This is the current issue Stetson Silver Belly color. I assume what you are seeing in the difference in my photos & Rusty's is due to lighting conditions & cameras, not shade of color of the felt.
My photos are taken in my pool room which has globes over the bulbs on the table light which could be "yellowing" the hat up some.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
This is the current issue Stetson Silver Belly color. I assume what you are seeing in the difference in my photos & Rusty's is due to lighting conditions & cameras, not shade of color of the felt.
My photos are taken in my pool room which has globes over the bulbs on the table light which could be "yellowing" the hat up some.

Glad to hear that as the Stetson Silverbelly is a favorite of mine and I think a good choice for a first example of a line. It works with just about ALL colors and can be dressed up/down. It's definately looking like a hat to look forward to !!

IsaacRN

One of the Regulars
Stetson silverbelly is a bit of a very very very light tan. Its not really gray, but has more of a hit of brown to it. Very hard to describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany