Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

71f4511c77768fd1821fac88a0b9c315.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Joao your picture of the beaches give me, always, the wish to swim......well done

Today I was with Monica in a small village, Gualtieri, in plans to visit the Antonio Ligabue exhibition
2s7di7r.jpg

This man had a very miserable life with some serious issues and his only way to communicate is to paint or made sculptures
ip8gvp.jpg

He lived in a sort of reclusion on the Po river bank from the early 20' until his dead in 1965
346ncbd.jpg

He never saw these exotic animals, only on some magazines and he had this sort of fascination for animals, domestic and exotic
1zcz6ah.jpg

He has a very personal poetic in painting and a real great ability with terracotta
2qlbnma.jpg

The paintings and sculptures are in the Bentivoglio Palace ina marvellous room with frescos
era0sk.jpg

A good day with a gorgeous meal in a Osteria with traditional dishes.

For Antonio Ligabue information see https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Ligabue
2m7hkd0.jpg

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Looks like fun Harv!

Daniele, fascinating story and art. Your reference to a gorgeous meal and the glorious setting remind me of a fantastic couple of weeks we spent in Italy yrs back

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Joao, the most close is Venezia and its surrounds 110 Km. Not the best place during summer :-(
Normally we travelled to south Italy (around 1000 Km.) to find what we like. Not this year unfortunatly.

Thank you all for the nice words of yesterday.
Today I'm in the shadow of garden to bear the heat of the August last week.
b5jfv6.jpg

Panama Hats Direct for end of the season italian sun.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. I would like to share some pics I took this past week on the northern shores of Lake Superior, MN , USA. It is the largest fresh water lake in the world (by surface area).

i-7Q58KF9-M.jpg

i-FxW9z2x-M.jpg

i-zxdF9JS-M.jpg

i-XgfmD2H-M.jpg

The north shore indigenous folks, Ojibwe (part of the Anishinaabe) call the lake Gichi Gammi. Lake Superior’s size helps moderate the surrounding air temperatures. (The water surface temp. has risen 4.5’F since 1979.) Deep in the lake the water temps are a consistent 39’F. The region surrounding the lake has proved to be rich in minerals. Copper, iron, silver, gold, nichol and uranium have all been mined.

I worked up the north shore of Lake Superior from Duluth to Grand Portage (this location marks Canadian Border) in a sailboat. Day trips to the shoreline vistas were spectacular.

i-SVMh2gd-M.jpg

i-RZJBDcF-M.jpg

i-vxzFGMD-M.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
One day trip was to hike along the Beaver River. I wore a beaver felt fedora in honor the like-named river.

i-D2fPQPx-M.jpg

i-Zs9nKxm-M.jpg

i-hqt6mwZ-M.jpg

We stopped at the Fort at Grand Portage. This historical northern site was a vital location for fur trading and local Objibwe heritage. Voyageurs used the site thru the 1800’s. The largest trading of fur pelts was recorded at 182,000/year at the Fort. Beaver pelts were amongst the prized fur at this time.

i-QkXZh6x-M.jpg

i-SJdxWHw-M.jpg

i-NF6wG9v-M.jpg

i-zW8jwgQ-S.jpg

i-V8g6jkH-S.jpg

i-4s8v29z-M.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
On the boat I alternated between wearing a ball cap (wind and wet conditions), Cordova Cap. For many of the land excursions I wore my VS Wanderer (dove beaver felt). I finished the trip by going back south on the lake to Duluth. Entering the port by going under the aerial lift bridge and mooring the boat reminds me that summer 2015 is wrapping up.

i-vgZrwkQ-M.jpg

i-H7KWWsZ-M.jpg

i-65Mhzhr-M.jpg

i-xQjvr2G-M.jpg

Time to look forward to fall, Eric -

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24