Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
To continue the air of Fall festivals, I went to a Hey There, Hi There, Hoedown! last night with my church in my Stetson. Lots of great hats. Chili and dessert contests, square dancing, and a bonfire. However, no night pics, because my iPhone camera doesn't take good ones. There was a bluegrass band that was really good; the fiddle player had a sweet Western straw. I was really bummed, because I forgot to bring my harmonicas! :frusty: Would have been fun to sit in.

5C854EDF.jpg

D11F244D.jpg

94FDD700.jpg

Nice Stetson. It is the season. Looks like a good time, hopefully no one was shot.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Mrs B and I went to Mt Lassen park on Saturday. It's famous for its hot springs and lakes. And the Campdraft is the perfect hiking hat:
IMG_3947.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

Wow! That looks like an awesome place to spend some time. You guys look like you're enjoying it, and you're right, the CD looks like the perfect hat for it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
+1 & walking staff! Would've called it a walking stick but that thing is a STAFF!
Thanks GTD, it is indeed a great companion on my hikes. I hike a lot, and have encountered mountain lions twice, not to mention unruly dogs, etc. It's nice to have a companion like this in my hands at times like those.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Israel and Jordan

As the cool, wet weather begins in the Midwest, I thought I'd share some shots from my summer trip to Israel. Ah, to be warm and in the Land right now! Many thanks to Delectans for inspiration.

An alleyway in Jaffa, where the original inhabitants still stalk these streets, silently tolerating us and biding their time.

image.jpg

Lake Kinneret--you might know it as the Sea of Galilee--as seen from the Mount of the Beatitudes.

image.jpg

Stopping for some falafel in Zikaron Ya'akov. Wearing a wide-brimmed Dobbs thin-ribbon. It was a tremendous travel hat!

image.jpg

Tzfat

image.jpg

Part of the retaining wall around the Temple Mount, Jerusalem.

image.jpg

Walking the Siq into Petra. My father is wearing a modern panama in the bottom left corner. His panama barely survived the trip; my Dobbs did just fine.

image.jpg

The first majestic tomb in Petra.

image.jpg

The Dobbs takes a well-earned rest in Petra.

image.jpg

The long walk home. You know it's hot when you have to take the panama off. Dr. Jones doesn't point out that it's all up hill out of Petra.

image.jpg

A

Thanks GTD, it is indeed a great companion on my hikes. I hike a lot, and have encountered mountain lions twice, not to mention unruly dogs, etc. It's nice to have a companion like this in my hands at times like those.
I've made a couple out of oak saplings that I have found with vines making corkscrew turns.
Strong endorser of trekking poles or a good hiking staff like yours. We are having more bear sightings than ever before!
Campdrafts are good trail mates as well....

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I've made a couple out of oak saplings that I have found with vines making corkscrew turns.
Strong endorser of trekking poles or a good hiking staff like yours. We are having more bear sightings than ever before!
Campdrafts are good trail mates as well....

My stick is a diamond willow, but I have some others I like, too, one being a nice hickory stick. I agree on both the staffs and the Campdrafts as wilderness trail mates!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Lotsahats, those are FANTASTIC pictures. You have a knack for travel photography. Those are all good pics, but I really like that doorway.

I love Israel and Petra. I'd love to get back there some day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff