Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

During my recent visit to Colorado I had the opportunity to visit friends at Leanin' Tree - a fellow greeting card publisher based in Boulder. Ed Trumble who founded the company in the late 1940s turns 90 this fall. He is an avid collector of western and Indian art and has assembled at Leanin' Tree a museum of painting and sculpture that is open to the public. He has assembled one of the largest private collections of this genre - its scope and quality took me by surprise. Sharing a few photos below.

leanintree1.jpg

leanintree2.jpg

leanintree3.jpg

leanintree4.jpg

leanintree5.jpg

leanintree6.jpg

leanintree7.jpg

leanintree8.jpg

I liked quite a few things, buy these large paintings by Fritz Scholder were my favorites.

leanintree9.jpg

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Great heritage collection! I relate to it because my grandfather was a cowpoke in the early years of the 20th century. He wore a silverbelly Open Road for most of the time I knew him.

Anyway, today, even though I had called in sick at work, I ended up doing one errand to the local cellphone store. I needed a case for my new iPhone 6+. They even put a screen protector on that they said was glass. We live in Flushing, Queens, with one of the largest concentration of Chinese residents in the U.S.

store-outside1.JPG

phone-store-inside.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for sharing those Alan! Loved it!
Maybe I can put him in my schedule.

Gerg, Portugal is filled with chinese stores and those are open all days. I bought a iphone 4 charging/data cable better made than the original one (it lasted 6 months until it broken) there.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Joao, yeah the Chinese stores have lots of cellphone accessories that the big box stores just don't have. And the common stuff is 1/3 the price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g.durand

One Too Many
I liked quite a few things, buy these large paintings by Fritz Scholder were my favorites.

leanintree9.jpg

I remember seeing some images of Scholder paintings in one of the art magazines that was reviewing the Santa Fe art scene. His work stands out in my memory. He passed away in 2005.

Greg--way to go! Calling in sick and then having a bit of fun!

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Great pics, man. Thanks for sharing!!

What a birthday/christmas gift!
Thanks for sharing.

Looks like a blast... very cool present.

Awesome present A-n-A!! Looks like a fantastic afternoon.

LOVELY wife David. I once had the same opportunity on a motorcycle with Keith Code's California Superbike School. Like me, I'm sure you'll never forget the experience.

Way too cool, AnA!!

A&A Thanks for the "ride!" My eldest daughter graduated from college into a job at an exotic auto "Club" like that, except she had NO idea what she had stumbled into. It took some time for her to appreciate the Lambos, Ferrarri 430's, Aston Martins, Bentleys, the first Audi R8's in the US, etc., etc. You are one lucky guy!!

You bet, folks!! I always like sharing my outings on this thread!! :thumb:

Thanks for the great comments. My wife is one of a kind, and I'm privileged to have her!! :)

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
One of my favorites; a great cat & mouse flick. And the fake blood they always used in those types of movies was so cheesy, it made the movie good by forcing your imagination to actually engage with the action and paint your own picture. Not like today's "almost reality" effects. The real Doyle was quite a tough dude.

GregNYC

One Too Many
AnA - the real Doyle was actually in the movie. He played Gene Hackman's boss, and used to wear a pork pie. They asked him to lend it to Hackman to play him, but he said "No"! It's funny - when I saw the movie back in the 70s, I thought the hat made him look ridiculous. Brim up looks stupid, I thought. It was probably the influence of all those Flagg Brothers pimp hats back in the 70s. I used to wear them! But now I'm a big brim-up and pork pie fan!! I totally can't explain it!

Archie himself doesn't look that great, but the hat is OK, even though they curled the brim a up a bit extra in front for a more doofus look....

archie.jpg

Last edited:
Set the alarm at 5:30 to catch the setting moon in total eclipse. This shot taken from the shore of Lake Erie just south of Buffalo. It was WINDY!!... wore my Cordova cap, which stayed on like a champ.

2014eclipse1.jpg

Great shot Alan! Thanks for sharing that. I was up to see it but the skies were so cloudy it was hardly worth the effort. Barely caught a glimpse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy