Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Went to a hat store that supplies hats for folclore groups. Here are some they sell, pictures of liners (personalized for the store). There was one made of bunny, the others were wool. Forgot to take pictures of a brown one.
brinca01.jpg

brinca02.jpg

brinca03.jpg

brinca04.jpg

brinca05.jpg

brinca06.jpg

brinca07.jpg

^^ This last one is called "Sevilhano" from "Sevilha" in Spain. Seems to be quite old since the phone number in the liner have 7 digits.

I ended buying this in wool. Costed 35 euros...
vep01.jpg

Last edited:

Qvist

Familiar Face
image.jpg

Me and my Campdraft with black ribbon by a small forest lake

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Friday night at the sights... Jay Peak (Vermont) offers a lovely buffet (smorgasbord, Ole?) which includes a pass to the mountain tram after din-din. Not a huge mountain by many standards, (just under 4000 feet) but in the northeast U.S. it's one of the tallest, providing 360 degree views of nearly 100 miles. I was wearing a fino-fino quality from PHD with their #9 ribbon.

At the summit, it important to pull your hat down over your ears, if possible. My friend Allen almost lost my loaned-to-him Knox Milan. I almost lost Allen (had the hat gone over the side...)!

At the base lodge, we're already at about a 1500 ft. elevation.

George, the tram operator, is the last gent on the right. Great guy!

The summit really ROCKS. Really.

Last edited:
That would have been nice. I wonder if you could have seen us on the peak of Mt. Kearsarge? Would probably need a telescope. There was a small group performing some odd mid-western ritual that day.

ohio.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Thanks for taking us along, Charlie. I remember some times spent above the treeline in those parts, myself. But I wasn't nearly so well-hatted!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy