Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Wow T.Q.
Thanks for sharing those.

Splintercellsz - enjoy your time off, man, and be careful when you go back. The burgers look delicious!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Visited my uncle today, helped at his shop, and got to see my cousin at his taekwondo practice.

na5aqyna.jpg

aqyhutyn.jpg

hu2etyzy.jpg

2u8a5aja.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
I don't get to drop by often, but since I had a pic from a recent adventure I figured I would post it. Been wearing my brown Tumwater around a lot lately. Here I am visiting an ancient Mayan ruin, or maybe just the rundown Hidden Falls in St. Paul. One of the two. This Tumwater has really become my favorite hat. Tony did a great job on it.

IMG-20140909-01294-FL_zps64c047f5.jpg

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
I love that workshop, looks very interesting.

BJ I can't help equating a brown fedora with adventure.

Ok some of you kind souls asked for more and so here you go!

After Tlos we visited the Saklikent Gorge. I only had my phone camera, I was scared I'd drop my SLR into the mud/water so the pictures aren't great:

It's the secondest longest gorge in Europe (if you classify this bit of Turkey as Europe, it's really Asia Minor), 20KM long and 300m deep. It also offered a chance for a facial:

Later still we visited the ancient Lycian city of Patara. Again this was a part of the Lycian League but later occupied by Greeks, Romans, Byzantines and the Ottamans falling into disuse in the 16th century as the port silted up.

The forum, with my daughter reciting a scene from Macbeth. The acoustics were incredible, we could hear every word from the top.

My wife and daughter having a rest:

The amphitheatre, this was used for gladiatorial combat:

Yours truly coming through a tunnel into the arena, luckily today no sign of large men wielding tridents:

I have been remiss in not talking about that hat. It is by Advintage, a German hatter who uses Portugese beaver felt. It's really amazing, far denser than the Winchester beaver felts I have owned:

A picture of the sea, this photo really does not do it justice, the sea was the most incredible turquoise colour:

And finally, I guess the sun has to set on all holidays:

Many thanks for looking. I took two hats on this vacation, the beaver above and a cheap panama, unfortunately the panama didn't survive the experience. I'd like to think the beaver has only been improved by it!

Greg

Last edited:
Great Turkey pics TQ. Again...thanks for sharing. Looks like an amazing place to visit.

Splintercellsz - cool pics of the shop and family visit.

BJ ..... Wonderful shot of those Mayan ruins! Be careful in there man.

tommyK

One Too Many
visiting my family in Pennsylvania. My sister lives next to a farm with Angus and Longhorns. Wanted a good pic of them, darned if those bovines wouldn't come near me!

Took this though, seemed to fit here

2014-09-12165827_zpsa915bbc5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari