Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
UAU! Amazing pictures Alan! Thank you for sharing those.

I only have this one, since it's Spring, flowers blooming everywere...
20150404c.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Today is a holiday in Italy. It is Angel's Monday.
Tradition said that today, whatever the weather , often capricious in the spring , you go on the hills or in the plains for a picnic with hard boiled eggs.
23r7skk.jpg

Monica asked me to go suddenly this morning , given the wonderful day after two days of gray and wind, without picnic.
I walked the paths of my childhood , because I was born here and taken the first steps with my grandfather.
My first guide in this life.
108fup2.jpg

We passed on the trail of the quarries where overlook the great deposits of tufa that have been exploited since the time of the Romans.
2u7ndsl.jpg

I have had time to se,in my youthness, the last stone quarry workers . They were closed fifty years ago.
2w69jr7.jpg

We walked for two hours up and down the hills until the old path of salt and silk. That was the road for import and export during the middle age.
vb67a.jpg

A pleasant Monday morning with my SunBody and many memories.....

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the alternate views of the world Joao, Scott, Daniele, and Rick. Nice to see other points of view, my PC screen can get boring.

g.durand

One Too Many
Daniele, you live in a beautiful place.

Rick, what a nice respite. The last time we were in the neighborhood we were on our way back to CA last New Years eve and hit an ice storm just north of Hunt on I-10. We didn't see a clear road until we got to Van Horn. I love the Hill Country in the spring.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Daniele, you live in a beautiful place.

Rick, what a nice respite. The last time we were in the neighborhood we were on our way back to CA last New Years eve and hit an ice storm just north of Hunt on I-10. We didn't see a clear road until we got to Van Horn. I love the Hill Country in the spring.

Michael, the Hill Country is absolutely fantastic in the spring, but can be a bit tricky in the winter in an ice storm. I am sure they were not equipped to sand or plow the roads, so I bet that was a precarious journey!

Scott Gillin thanks for the updates from Suriname. Looks like a cool visit! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Looks like a perfect day there, RClark. I lived in Austin years ago, and I miss that landscape sometimes.

Daniele Tanto thanks for sharing those very uplifting photos of your home and tradition! The view is breathtaking, even on just a screen.

Great spring pic, Joao! It's good to see.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thamks for your kind words. I'm lucky to live in such a nice place. Every morning I repeat this like a mantra :eek:

The wisteria is in the full bloom. It will last two days, not more. Enjoy this marvellous blooming.
From the parking car
ebd650.jpg

This wisteria was planted when the house was build, more than one hundred years ago.
b6d0yx.jpg

It grows more than huge, now it hover half of the facade.
ogi9uu.jpg

25fuaol.jpg

The bole is really big for such this type of plant
6qws9j.jpg

The ramification is fantastic
2ptdyjr.jpg

There is also many lemons in the garden in the Italian springtime......
1zp1u88.jpg

Stingy Borsalino "Savona" to try to match the wisteria flowers color
mket01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw