Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Crazy Dave

Familiar Face
Thank you all for your kind words.

Crazy Dave - Beeyootiful countryside. Huge hat!

I'm assuming you know that lady (well it is France)?

It's an Akubra Sombrero, ridiculously big, I took it with me on a whim, together with my Fed IV. Turns out the Sombrero is an even better adventure hat than the Fed. It's insanely rugged, protects from anything up to small meteorite strikes, and it's got a chin strap (stampede chords if you want) so it stays on my head even in windy weather. :D

Yes, I do know that beautiful lady well. She is my wife and soulmate, the love of my life. :cool:

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Mountain trip this weekend with friends...

11312847_1008938329124521_2818905926562673800_o.jpg
11713734_1009596902391997_656697213617589894_o.jpg
img-27.jpg
img-58.jpg
img-60.jpg
img-70.jpg
img-112.jpg
img-210.jpg
img-244.jpg

Great pics Fabiovenhorst! The night shot with all the lights in the distance is pretty cool, and the waterfall looks awesome.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Just following up on this thread again. WOW.

fabio - Absolutely STUNNING photos. The scenery is amazing.

Jeff - Likewise, your photos should be in a magazine. Great shots of the wholesome midwest.

Crazy Dave - That hat is legendary! The brim is super impressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ginseng

One of the Regulars
Here are some pictures from my recent trip to Sweden. These were taken on the island of Runmarö in the Swedish archipelago off the eastern coast in the Baltic Sea. We walked over 5 miles on a loop around the western side of the island.

The hat is my trustworthy Moonstone Campdraft Deluxe. It protected me from the sun and kept the ticks out of my hair.
Ginseng IMG_8085.jpg

A huge glossy black slug. About 4-5" long.
Ginseng IMG_8051.jpg

Looking back off the dock where I landed. There were hundreds of islands just off the coast of Sweden and on the medium-sized and up, people lived year-round and seasonally, in camp huts to full-blown houses.
Ginseng IMG_7993.jpg

Lest I leave you with the impression that the island is all rocks and water. Much of the interior is lush forest. The underlying bedrock was pushing up all over. The stone must have been a billion years old if a one.
Ginseng IMG_8088.jpg

A slightly better shot of the freshwater inland lake near the center of the island.
Ginseng IMG_8070.jpg

It was a wonderful trip and a chance to stay with some friends at their island home. A truly special treat. It felt like a primordial Nantucket without all the attitude.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I took my family on a cruise there when my son was about six years old. Beautiful coast. We were standing on the deck one warm day, and I gave my kid my binoculars. Well, he started giggling and saying "Oh, boy!" I looked through the glasses and saw a bunch of people running around nude in the woods. "Dad, can I please have 'em back?"

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday went for a drive around Tagus river south back, as known in Portugal as "Margem Sul" (South bank).
The day was clean that it was possible to see "Serra da Arrábida" from the Vasco da Gama Bridge.
msul01.jpg

Started to visit what was once the diesel locomotive mecca in Portugal were almost all diesel locomotives were repaired. Since the electrification of the "South line", most repair work was moved to Entroncamento.
msul02.jpg

From "Seixal" you can see the "25 de Abril" bridge pillars. Cristo-Rei monument is almost covered by the tree
msul03.jpg

Next was "Costa da Caparica" beach where a lot of Lisbon citizens come. This little train still operates from "Costa da Caparica" to "Fonte da telha". It's called the "TransPraia" because it crosses a lot of beaches.
msul04.jpg

Come across this tiny boat leaving Lisbon. Those pictures were taken on different places but still both in south bank.
msul05.jpg

msul07.jpg

Those silos can be seen from Lisbon. This was the first time I saw them this side.
msul08.jpg

Some panoramic pictures of Lisbon seen from the south bank. The first taken near the silos, the other two in "Porto Brandão".
msul06.jpg

msul09.jpg

msul10.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy