Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

feedback on fit #1

theeggcarton

One of the Regulars
Hi all...interested in honest feedback on fit (and if you are inclined, the jacket as well) of two different items that I am debating on keeping or exchanging (for different style)...

..... going against my normal disdain for photos of myself by posting a bunch here for critique :-0
Obviously my dogs are much less concerned with this...

Jacket #1...this one is a 40 not much room for layering and probably should be a 42...worried that might end up too big though. This jacket was also the topic of a recent thread/poll.

canuck_back6.jpg canuck_back5.jpg canuck_back4.jpg canuck_back3.jpg canuck_side2.jpg canuck_side1.jpg canuck_back2.jpg canuck_back1.jpg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Not a style i am very familiar with, but a good fit in the body. Like your other jacket i find the sleeves to long, but some people like them long.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Looks great! Nice to see it on a person, not just a mannequin. I really like that jacket. I noticed the sleeves look quite long on the measurements they provide on their website. I think it looks really good on you.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
great fit as well from behind. while I like my moto jacket have longer sleeve, but in this style I do think the sleeve is a little bit long. Jacket style wise, not my type.. and due to my limited knowledge in classic jacket style... I thought the material looks like liner of a jacket.

bbq

Familiar Face
I really like the jacket and the fit. Body length looks fine. Like others, I think the sleeves look a little long. This wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

theeggcarton

One of the Regulars
Thanks all...yes, sleeves are definitely long and with a leather jacket I usually don't worry about it as it pulls up nicely. Don't believe wool will have the same effect. I to am unfamiliar with this jacket type and honestly never would have thought I would like it as much as I do. My quandary is going up one whole size and having it look to baggy overall...
Here are front pics_buttoned and unbuttoned...not sure how I managed to post so many back pics without one front view. canuckfront1.jpg canuckfront2.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I guess if someday the sleeve length is still a bit long-ish, you can easily make it shorter easier on the woolside, probably right after the leather cuff (lot's of people make their jeans shorter while keeping the original chain stitched hem this way) or on the shoulder

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not a style I would probably grab for myself if I saw it on a shelf but I'm surprised by how much I like it when its worn and I think it looks great on you.
Like everyone, the sleeves are too long for me, but if thats how you like them, its not an issue.
I wouldn't size up, this looks spot on.

I've zero experience with these coats but this one also looks like a superb fit to me. I really like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner