Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feeling Good vs. Looking Good

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Yep - check the Vitamin D levels! Mine were low and I felt horrible. I really noticed a healthy, positive change when they were back to normal.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Thanks everyone. I take 3500 IU of vitamin D in gel capsule form per day. II also take a multi-vitamin mineral pill and lots of fish omegas. I think I need to change my outlook on life as well as the way I feel about myself. I looked into The Secret Language of Feelings and I really like what I'm seeing. I have requested an inter library loan, I can't wait to get it.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Thank you so much for all your replies.
Rudy - Thank you for recommending "The Secret Language of Feelings". I do practice meditation and have explored things like limiting beliefs. I don't know why I never thought of exploring the root of my feelings in my meditation. I will definitely be checking out that book!

You're welcome, MarieAnne. I think you'll be very interested to understand these rules of the mind: http://www.innerharmonyhypnosis.com/rules_of_the_mind.html

I believe all the extra vitamin supplements and such are utterly unnecessary if you have a healthy diet without empty carbohydrates (white flour and sugars of all kinds) and with lots of natural foods instead. If there are still problems a good bet is to look further into your subconscious. The subconscious affects our immune systems and all smooth muscle action (including all glands and organs), thus affecting digestion on all levels, hormone concentration and lung activity (think asthma). There's a lot to be found and healed when working with the unfinished emotional business stored deep in your subconscious.

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Marie Ann, I am glad you are feeling better. I think most of us go through this from time to time.
Rudie, thank you for the link. I know these things already, but when I slip into a bit of a dark place it takes some reminding. I will keep the link as a reminder.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Omg yes, by all means take all the vitamins you need , but for me there is only one rule of thumb: You look good and you feel good!

It's true, try it you'll like it! ;):D

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone. I take 3500 IU of vitamin D in gel capsule form per day. II also take a multi-vitamin mineral pill and lots of fish omegas. I think I need to change my outlook on life as well as the way I feel about myself. I looked into The Secret Language of Feelings and I really like what I'm seeing. I have requested an inter library loan, I can't wait to get it.

Hello Marie Ann :) i hope you are feeling better my dear! :) sometimes things in life make you not want to do anything to make yourself happy, but trust me everything starts to feel alot better when you are all dolled up and looking nice it transfers to you feeling nice, and confident! :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
My absolute #1 secret to eternal happiness: Stay Inspired. Whatever it takes. For me (may not be true for anyone else, though), I like to watch my "girls" on YouTube whenever I feel gross and unattractive. These include Lisa Freemont Street and Cherry Dollface. Both beautiful, inspirational women whom I can relate to. Looking at vintage photos is all well and good, but when I see current, living, breathing women of my same ilk I get a huge rush of inspiration. Instantly makes me feel good. I also like to put flowers in my hair. Daily. Even if my hair is being worn straight, a Belle Blossom clip will do the trick.

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
My absolute #1 secret to eternal happiness: Stay Inspired. Whatever it takes. For me (may not be true for anyone else, though), I like to watch my "girls" on YouTube whenever I feel gross and unattractive. These include Lisa Freemont Street and Cherry Dollface. Both beautiful, inspirational women whom I can relate to. Looking at vintage photos is all well and good, but when I see current, living, breathing women of my same ilk I get a huge rush of inspiration. Instantly makes me feel good. I also like to put flowers in my hair. Daily. Even if my hair is being worn straight, a Belle Blossom clip will do the trick.

Very true. I simply adore belle blossom hair flowers.
My favorite blogs are:
Andi B Goode
Casey's Elegant Musings
The Call of the Jitterbug Doll
And LisaFreeMontStreet youtube.

Last edited:

galby

New in Town
I think it is a circle: if you live a healthy life - you simply look and feel better physically and that also influences the way we feel mentally - looking good makes us more confident and happy. To me the foundation of happiness is health. An also the appreciation of favorite things like my watch which I bought at Chrono24 and which fits me perfectly.

Last edited:

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
However, my first a for most number one thing that always makes me the most happiest lady. Is my faith in Jesus. I've been through some mighty ruff and tuff times. But just knowing I can always go to Jesus and talk my head off so I can hash everything out, and really know that I am being listened to no matter what. Its fantastic!
Plus praying for the people in my life and reading the Bible, the book of Psalms is the best, I read it when things get bad. My favorites Psalms 57 and 58. Also reading Oswald Chambers and Lydia Brownback devotionals. And having friends and pastors who will pray with me. With all of this I feel like the luckiest, happiest busting at the seams and richest lady.

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
I agree with the previous advice and would add one thing: regular exercise, preferably something fun, so you don't feel like it's a chore. Taking charge and making changes is the best boost of all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24