Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Regent brogue boots (made in UK) ..smashing bit of kit.

IMG_0220.jpg

I have two pairs of RRL, two pairs of Rockport Cap Toe, two Chippewa Engineer's, and a bunch of Western boots (cowboy boots). All get into the rotation depending on mood, what I'm doing, and the jacket of course. Just find any boots you like - anything but sneakers, Crocs, sandals, and other abominations! lol

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
RM Williams Craftsman for me... although I just noticed that they sold a stake in the company to Louis Vuitton Group.

B543Y_41_T.jpg

I have a pair of these as well. I like them quite a bit, but I found the heel a bit high (cowboyish) for my tastes - although it doesn't look that high in your pic. I took them to a local cobbler last week and had the heels lowered about a half inch. Cost me $10 and I really like the lower heel.

I really like the look of the Wolverines, but when I went to the store in NYC, the only ones that felt comfortable were the Moc toe...For me the RedWings are a much better fit for some reason. So Beckman or Iron Ranger...

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
I love the look of Iron Rangers but I had to return two pairs due to quality issues and didn't give it a third try. Both times the cap toe had this prominent ragged edge. Very disappointing but there you go. My favored jacket footwear are engineer boots for sure.

Bretron, I think Ishmael will come up with your perfect pair...
but first you need to show us which jacket they're going with.

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Like a lot of people have said already...R.M's (about 6 pairs!!) the new Dynamic Flex Craftsman are fantastic, and just bought a pair of the black Wolverine 1000 miles last week.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
There are some great boots mentioned on here! The one that I am surprised not to hear about yet are boondockers and Alden's (especially Indy's).

My current rotation includes White's Smokejumpers, black CXL lace to toe; Red Wing Heritage 8138s; beatup old Clark's Desert Boots; and beatup old Clark's Desert Treks. I also have a pair of Wesco Patrol Toe engineers with a Cuban heel being produced (basically the Narrows). My next pair is (all things considered) going to be some kind of cap toe service boot (eg alden, viberg or oak street, probably the latter).

Problem is both my whites and RWs are too rugged looking to sport with a leather jacket IMO. The Wescos should be the bees knees.

Last edited:

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Well I will say that I usually wear Alden Indys (the 403 CXL's) with my Halfbelt or my Barnstormer. I have a pair of Whites Semi Dress in tan, but I don't usually wear those with my brown jackets. I would like to get a pair of Whites in dark brown to wear with my jackets. If I get a black leather jacket in the future (which I hope to do), then I hope to get some black harness boots to go with it. However, the black will probably be just for MC riding.

pipvh

Practically Family
Currently my trusty Trickers Grassmeres. My favourite Red Wing Chelsea boots just gave up the ghost after about 6 years of hard use and will be replaced - fantastic things, and overall a better buy than RM Williams, possibly, though I always used to wear RMW Gardners before the Red Wings. Have at various times worn engineer and logger boots. There's a custom pair of Wesco Bosses in my intermediate future and some Corcoran boondockers as well...

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I have two pairs of RRL, two pairs of Rockport Cap Toe, two Chippewa Engineer's, and a bunch of Western boots (cowboy boots). All get into the rotation depending on mood, what I'm doing, and the jacket of course. Just find any boots you like - anything but sneakers, Crocs, sandals, and other abominations! lol
:eeek:

P9020183_zps00cd4443.jpg

Guilty as charged.:D
And no, I dont sport this look anymore, I think I learnt my lesson looking at this pic:p

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
There are some great boots mentioned on here! The one that I am surprised not to hear about yet are boondockers and Alden's (especially Indy's).

My current rotation includes White's Smokejumpers, black CXL lace to toe; Red Wing Heritage 8138s; beatup old Clark's Desert Boots; and beatup old Clark's Desert Treks. I also have a pair of Wesco Patrol Toe engineers with a Cuban heel being produced (basically the Narrows). My next pair is (all things considered) going to be some kind of cap toe service boot (eg alden, viberg or oak street, probably the latter).

Problem is both my whites and RWs are too rugged looking to sport with a leather jacket IMO. The Wescos should be the bees knees.

+1 on the Desert Trek. Great shoes, especially in suede. I also agree that some footwear feels too rugged for jackets. I have a pair of Frye Arkansas boots that have broken in so nicely but I can't bring myself to wear them with a leather jacket. It's just.... I dunno, too much somehow.

Dixon cannon, can you tell us a little more about the boots in the pics? I don't recognize any of them and they look great.

pipvh, could you get the RW's resoled? I've heard of them lasting much longer than 6 years.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy