Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

breezer

Practically Family
Good to know Dav! I think mine are pretty well broken in - but as I mentioned above - I pounded about 5 miles of pavement in them yesterday and today my calves are pretty sore! Have you tried out different soles, or stuck with the stock hard ones? A Vibram sole might be the way forward.

Dav

One Too Many
I've just stuck with the hard ones they came with. I've got gel insoles in them though, that I'd forgotten about, which are definitely adding to the comfort.

kowalski

Practically Family
Last edited:

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Take your boots off and stay awhile. While wandering the streets of Athens i walked by a sandal store, noticing some articles in the window i saw this is the place that has made sandals for Johnn Lennon, Sofia Loren amoung many others. Thought i'd post a picture and a link. Prices were around 35 euro's. They also have some nice bags. What does this have to do with work boots you ask, well i was wearing my WESCO's which Pantelis a third generation sandal maker found very impressive for a heavy shoe. :)
JOHN LENNON at melissinos art athens.jpg
Webiste http://www.melissinos-art.com/eng/sandals.html
And a nice Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Melissinos.Sandals

wdw

One Too Many
Interesting about Solovair and Aero, as they look so Lennon-like.

As for Frye, my wife has a couple of pairs and they're very good value for money at US prices, and from Amazon in the UK. It's really hard to get good solid women's footwear, no matter how much you spend, and Frye and Tricker's are the only two to pass the wdw test so far.

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
I'd like to get a pair or two of Red Wing IRs next, but I have to figure out my correct size - I hear they run big. I wear a 9.5, but I have wide feet, so I usually go a half size bigger, wearing a size 10.

wdw

One Too Many
Everyone says they run a size large, but I got my usual 10UK for two pairs and they're maybe a bit roomy, but I wear a thin insole as there's virtually no padding inside.

I would say they're quite narrow, so I wouldn't go down more than half a size.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I went down to a 6.5 from a 7. As wdw says, there's very little padding in the sole, so you can probably get away with an insole on a slightly larger size. If I was you, I'd find a stockist, check the size and then trawl the web for a cheaper price.

4444Design

One of the Regulars
hi All
I bought these shoes in Berlin from a older woman; what kind of shoes? someone recognizes ? Please identification

http://allegro.pl/oryginalne-niemieckie-ruskie-trzewiki-z-ii-ws-i4821304458.html

Date 1945y , stampl ;

W arrow ^ D down
308 ( on foto)

it British (or US) officer service shoes ? GT Hawkins maybe ?are very similar ;

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ww2-t-hawkins-army-officer-mens-279535079

regards

don't know about the manufacturer but 25 zl is a bargain

congrats for the nice find

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
White's Smoke Jumpers in bulllhide - just received yesterday from another forum member
Super soft and thick. I'm very impressed with the bullhide. The standard black leather used on the other smoke jumpers that I have is practically indestructible but is murder on my feet. These, on the other hand feel extremely comfortable now and I can wear them all day without wanting to rip them off at the end of the day.
NuTOsIhLQvPrQAp6Rs2CH1bH0TYW-RahT6bSD2KqHM1n=w641-h855-no

IMG_9020s.jpg

pak

One of the Regulars
I've been wearing White's for over 40 years. If they hurt your feet they are either not broken in or you have the wrong fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points