1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Robert C, Feb 3, 2006.

1. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

These i totally dig!!
    B

Lost Ronin likes this.
  2. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton Practically Family

I'd appreciate it if you guys would put the full makers and models with your photos. A lot of these boots are cool, and if some of us would like to research them for purchase or otherwise, we wouldn't know how to search for the information.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  3. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Practically Family

My bad boss...I've included the information on my post

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. DaveProc

DaveProc One of the Regulars

New Red Wing Iron Rangers Rough and Tough Copper. Zero break-in time compared to my other IRs and Beckmans. Incredibly comfortable right out of the box.
    And there's that paperclip I lost today :) Capture.PNG

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  5. AbbaDatDeHat

83044550-11F3-441F-AD0D-3A293E955991.jpeg Greetings All:
    Thorogood HH starting to get a little character.
    Be well. Bowen

6. Michael A

Michael A I'll Lock Up

I picked up these Red Wing model 962 boots at a thrift the other day.
    [​IMG]DSCN5520 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
    [​IMG]DSCN5518 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
    Haven't been able to find any info about his model number, but made in the USA.
    [​IMG]DSCN5519 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
    The vamp had quite a nice patina, which I'm afraid I knocked back by giving them a light treatment with my homemade dubbin. Any info on this model number, age, or what Red Wing calls this leather/color would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Michael

7. DaveProc

Red Wing Munson Rangers in White Ash Setter drying after heavy rain today. FB_IMG_1538963027029.jpg

8. DaveProc

FB_IMG_1539037422465.jpg Iron Ranger 8111 Amber Harness. Have worn 5 days a week for 8 years. One resole. No pun intended, but these truly wear like iron.

9. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Practically Family

Hers & mine[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A-1, Bushman, Michael A and 7 others like this.
  10. DaveProc

munson (768x1024).jpg Red Wing 8011 Munson Ranger with brogue toe cap in Ash Settler

11. Winston Carter

Winston Carter Practically Family

Ariat Workhog. Durable sole, comfortable, waterproof, good for welders, construction, etc.

10001188_3-4_front.jpg

Danijay1, dh66 and BobHufford like this.
  12. AbbaDatDeHat

4E3996E4-E0A6-45EE-9E9A-5C8F9A4984AC.jpeg Greetings All:
    50s brown combat boots getting some wear time today.
    Be well. Bowen

A-1, dannyk, regius and 11 others like this.
  13. Winston Carter

Winston Carter Practically Family

Those are too shiny to be work boots.:):)

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  14. Kane

Kane Familiar Face

58756878-2823-48B9-9DA2-FD57C7A28379.jpeg Here are the two pairs I am on currently:
    The ropers are Redwing 1155’s and the lace ups are Redwing 899’s.
    I’ve just stated wearing the 1155’s as my 899’s are in need of a resole. The 899 is a very rugged and comfortable boot and comes with a Vibram lugged sole. It’s the closest thing that I could find to the pair of Redwing Irish Settter boots that I wore many many years ago. I went with these because they are available in a narrow B width, and both have leather insoles and a cork (or some such material) footbed that forms to your feet as the boots break in. Takes a few weeks to break them in, but once they’re there they are very comfortable. I am prettty hard on boots, and the better Redwing boots that I’ve had (the ones made in U.S.A.) have all been durable and comfortable.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    dh66, A-1, BobHufford and 4 others like this.
  15. Kane

Kane Familiar Face

Those are really cool. They look like Daniel Plainview’s boots in “There Will Be Blood” :)

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  16. Mercer

Mercer Familiar Face

1155s are awesome boots! I got a pair too, and I think I may have posted a photo of them earlier in this thread.

Kane likes this.
  17. Kane

Kane Familiar Face

I hope they keep making the 1155. I think RW May have dropped the 899 from their catalog, which is a shame if they have phased it out. I love the 1155, and I have had 608’s and 875’s in the past, all very good, but the 899 with the 8” top and the Vibram lugged sole has been the best for hard outdoor work, like brush clearing, orchard work, etc. Back in high school I used the older version of the Irish Setter hunting boot, which was like the 899, for extended high Sierra backpacking trips carrying about an 80 lb. pack, and they were awesome. I need to go down to my local Redwing Shoe Store and see what’s up with the 899, and if they are being retired try to get another pair. The 1155 is my fave run around town, slip-on and go, general footware. It’s quasi-Western, so it’s nice for going out in as well.

18. Lost Ronin

Lost Ronin One of the Regulars

These are Altama US made combat boots. Desert boots I believe. My good friend found them on Ebay a few years ago, he bought them for me as a gift because they're 10.5 EE which is my size. They came from a man who had a few pairs he wore during his time with the IDF in Israel. Which I thought was kind of neat. Sadly my friend passed away very unexpectedly a few years ago.
    These boots needed some break in as they were his backup pair according to him. They're comfy now. I don't wear them much but have been wearing them this last week or so.
    rsz_idf_boots.jpg

19. dh66

dh66

Well worn 877s. They were up on the rim of the Little River Canyon and went down to Martha's Falls in the bottom, then back up[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A-1, johnnycanuck, Bamaboots and 4 others like this.
  20. regius

regius One Too Many

I’m interested in these, but Red Wing always has some abrasion one way or the other when new. The only pair with no hurting was the soft toe engineer. I tried on a pair of these in the store and seems fine but if you could tell me how they rub when new I’d appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk