Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fiberglass Lamp Shades

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I picked this shade up at a yard sale today!

fiberglassva0.jpg

Does anyone have fiberglass shades? I'd love to see them!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lucky! I never find mine at yard sales. So far it's been ebay and antique shops.

This I got on ebay very cheaply, around $5 or so. The lamp is from a thrift shop
DSCN0891.jpg

This is a set of two I got on ebay, to match a pair of lamps. The lamps I got at a thrift shop as well.
DSCN0892.jpg

This lamp I got on ebay, and the shade at an antique store.
DSCN0893.jpg

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Very nice!

I got my lamp from Linens and Things. lol But that was years ago before I started yard sale-ing. I hope to get old lamps and more cool shades.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I've always thought that a well-placed vintage lamp with a fiberglass shade can bring a vintage feel to any room!

It really does. This one shade does a lot for this room in particular, which is a dining room being used as a library. It DID come with a lamp, but the lamp didn't go well with the shade, so I'm using it in my living room with a contemporary shade for now. I'll post a pic of the lamp later- I was told it's from the 40's! (I paid $10 for both).

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
This is the lamp it came with:

image1zr2.jpg

I need to find a nice matching vintage shade.

By the way, does anyone know if there a name for this style of lamp?

(I'm not sure if I like it or not! But I'm using it for now, anyway!)

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Ha Ha! I'm a girl who is completely obsessed with vintage lamps. I have a problem saying no to lights! Really I think I must have a disease! :eusa_doh:
Here's just a few!

Both are chalkware and made by Continental art company in 1951. I posted these on another thread awhile ago.
mrsparkles.jpg

thenewmrflakey.jpg

Caroline

One of the Regulars
OMG all these are divine!

MaryDeluxe said:

Love it! BTW :eek:fftopic: what's going on with the checkerboard floor? Rug? DIY? Just laid over the hardwood? I love the idea of defining the dining space.

Here's my one fiberglass shade - a whole dollar at a yard sale!
017-2.jpg

..I'd pose with it on my head too but the light isn't right.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Caroline said:
Love it! BTW :eek:fftopic: what's going on with the checkerboard floor? Rug? DIY? Just laid over the hardwood? I love the idea of defining the dining space.

I just wanted to define my dining area so I used blk/white vinyl peel off sticky tiles to create an area rug under my table. There's some more pictures of my house in the "show us your vintage home" thread.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
MaryDeluxe said:
Ha Ha! I'm a girl who is completely obsessed with vintage lamps. I have a problem saying no to lights! Really I think I must have a disease! :eusa_doh:
Here's just a few!

Both are chalkware and made by Continental art company in 1951. I posted these on another thread awhile ago.
mrsparkles.jpg

thenewmrflakey.jpg

Oh! I love everything! Even that terrific electric pink clock radio!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot