Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

mvilla

A-List Customer
I was getting quick replies on IG up until May or so... After that I think they just went full busy and replies via IG went mute. However replies via email are ok speed

Damon141

Practically Family
I think the lining is great
View attachment 555399
Thank you, I had the idea after seeing those Old German Jackets with the lining in incredible shape, after reading it was made for durability as a working man’s fabric I was hooked being the special imported Japanese made Camo in my Kensington is already fraying at the inner pocket which I’ve only put a wallet in maybe a dozen times. It’s probably just the way they sewed it, no problem anywhere else.

The sleeves are military grade viscose twill from the place Greg used to get his linings. I liked the contrast and was hoping it would make it easier to slide on and off.

Is it suede leather or moleskin? Not to make out on insta too. But as I have seen the insta story on FL Feed I imagined straight away it would be a cool idea to add a thin suede leather lining to a leather jacket... never seen something like that before.
Another member thought it was suede and I immediately thought of a great 5th generation family owned leather bag making company which lines some of their bags in pig suede which has a cool look
https://www.fhammann.com/english/
Or maybe that was just me... Not gonna lie, I'm feeling a little left behind, after I saw Damon's order is 1788, already pretty much finalised, being made with Shinki and Sam only contacted me the day before yesterday after I emailed Greg directly...
He is hard to reach on IG because he gets so many DM’s, can you imagine? Besides the “what number are you on?” He gets a lot of “sick jacket you just made dude?” That’s what he told me.
My guess is he also gets 100’s of jacket makers from India and Pakistan that contact anyone that posts a leather product.

Sam by email I’d say is your best bet, she has been great with me though I didn’t bother too much I hope.
maybe he can find someone to manage his IG account to skim through the spam and forward the questions from paying customers and potential future customers.

I probably sound like a Fanboy defending him but I will say he goes the extra mile when making your jacket with updates and pictures of the production process, something not every maker does or even needs to buy i liked it.

Most of these have been posted but maybe a few were not.
IMG_4641.png
E9E74603-DE14-44F8-9074-781D3CDE2690.jpeg
74B661F5-1B1A-4FE3-BBF0-EB1DC2B33152.jpeg
E487B5E1-4F87-4202-B251-4F46A5F7A5AC.jpeg
A432679B-F3B5-42A2-9D20-D4667DA04187.jpeg
C2FD3A74-B918-49D5-AF9E-7D69812217BC.jpeg
06803C59-25B2-464D-83F1-2B2C59B61816.jpeg
F60C4B19-8C52-4623-9F26-FE4A12C19722.jpeg
0CA49A56-64E3-4E3E-9A0C-A338D973E556.jpeg

Attachments

• E487B5E1-4F87-4202-B251-4F46A5F7A5AC.jpeg
    E487B5E1-4F87-4202-B251-4F46A5F7A5AC.jpeg
    620.1 KB · Views: 45

Damon141

Practically Family
I’m really curious who ordered this one, I thought it was a TFL member because he was asking many questions about the Beck 666. This jacket was a bit of an obsession for me, just when I thought I was through with Cafe Racers and have opened up to more complex designs, this was posted and in my opinion just by looks, he nailed the design.
IMG_5021.jpeg
French seams where they should be, period correct main zipper and circular pulls on the chest with the pockets pointing slightly downward which seem to become horizontal when worn usually, double stitching on the
IMG_5020.jpeg
shoulder seam.

IMG_5021.jpeg

mvilla

A-List Customer
He is hard to reach on IG because he gets so many DM’s, can you imagine? Besides the “what number are you on?” He gets a lot of “sick jacket you just made dude?” That’s what he told me.
My guess is he also gets 100’s of jacket makers from India and Pakistan that contact anyone that posts a leather product.

Sam by email I’d say is your best bet, she has been great with me though I didn’t bother too much I hope.
maybe he can find someone to manage his IG account to skim through the spam and forward the questions from paying customers and potential future customers.

I probably sound like a Fanboy defending him but I will say he goes the extra mile when making your jacket with updates and pictures of the production process, something not every maker does or even needs to buy i liked it.

Not at all, mate. I'm just being an a**hole. I read your order number and inverted one number, so got a bit resentful without reason. Was my bad, after all.

Greg replied real quickly by email as well. Sam's already taking care of my design. Things are moving :)

Btw, lovely jacket you got there.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Marc - it is based on the newer pattern with the rotated sleeves - agree about the zip - the number 5s are too damn fiddly for my liking! This is an 8 not 10 though if I recall correctly….

Did you supply that zip to him or did he have it already? My zip has been giving me issues and he's encouraged me to send it back to have the zip replaced. I was thinking I might try to source the replacement but if he has a bigger one that would be perfect.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Did you supply that zip to him or did he have it already? My zip has been giving me issues and he's encouraged me to send it back to have the zip replaced. I was thinking I might try to source the replacement but if he has a bigger one that would be perfect.
Is it the zipper that's giving you issues or the slider? I replaced the slider on mine with a 30s Talon, works as a charm.

IMG_9919.jpeg
IMG_9124.jpeg
IMG_9920.jpeg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is it the zipper that's giving you issues or the slider? I replaced the slider on mine with a 30s Talon, works as a charm.

View attachment 560211 View attachment 560210 View attachment 560212
The zipper. The stiffness that was making the jacket sit awkwardly is gone, but the end of the zipper will occasionally pop open and unravel up to wear the slider is. Not an issue I’ve had on these #5 Talon repros before so I think it’s a one off thing. Still an 8 would be a plus!

Damon141

Practically Family
@Damon141 you need to show us your new cafe racer!
You ask and you shall receive, Marc gave me so much help with fit advice he should be charging me, Regius as well helped tremendously, he has a keen eye for movement and mobility when it comes to jackets and helped me with a little nip and tuck from the mock up Jacket.

know I should have posted a proper review by now, I owe Greg and Sam that much for even taking on this project so I will do a full review soon.
I do feel like the pictures don’t do it justice because I lost I bit of weight from just being lazy and not going to the gym (obviously I tell everyone I know that I’m just giving my body a break) I joined a new gym a couple days ago so I’ll be back to normal in no time.

I also wanted give a big thank you to Coastal File for making this happen with the details from the original Freewheelers Speedmaster, without him this would not have happened LITERALLY.

The details on this jacket are just amazing, Greg would not admit it but I can’t find anything that stands out as a mistake,
For the thread color, I went with their advice about dark brown with Black Full Aniline which I love, (the camera flash makes it stand out more than in person you can barely notice, I just have always liked that combination) I was originally going to go with Teacore but I’m so happy he told me about this leather and this jacket weighs a full pound more than my other jacket in a good way, not that lighter jackets are bad, for me it’s nice to have a choice or another option. If I was in a colder climate I’d probably add a 4oz leather.

On to the pictures, please excuse the lack of good lighting. In my review I will try to get some better ones in daylight.
IMG_8295.jpeg

IMG_8297.jpeg
IMG_8298.png
IMG_8345.png
IMG_8349.png

I wanted to add these old photos from when I was 15 lbs or so heavier so you can see how much tighter it fit was back then, so I intentionally took photos of me in my older jacket at the same time because I don’t want anyone to criticize the fit because I know most prefer a trimmer look but in 6 to 8 weeks I’ll be filling out the Fields Leather more, so this is intentionally a comfortable fit so that I can gain or loose weight and still pull it off.
IMG_8303.jpeg
IMG_8306.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8294.jpeg
    IMG_8294.jpeg
    571.5 KB · Views: 35

Damon141

Practically Family
These were all after a couple weeks wear, and I’m wearing this one as much as possible, you can see the difference already, my other jacket has a softer hand and has changed much but variety is great, that’s why the next one will be in Badalassi.

IMG_7108.jpeg
IMG_7103.jpeg
IMG_7101.jpeg
IMG_7100.jpeg
IMG_7097.jpeg
IMG_7096.jpeg
IMG_7082.jpeg
IMG_7084.jpeg
IMG_7089.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7094.jpeg
    IMG_7094.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 34

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
What a jacket, wow. To be perfectly honest, I was not expecting Greg to deliver a jacket that fits as good as your Himel. Yet that's exactly what he did, a better fit actually because the length of the sleeves is spot on this time. You can tell Greg put a lot of time and effort into making this jacket, the stitching is cleaner than the stitching on my FL jackets lol. An absolutely perfect jacket, congrats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters