Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Good for you that you didn’t make any loss. What kind of highwayman was it though? A new one without any upgrade is currently £690. If you can resell it at £400/450 (so about 2/3) after just wearing it a few times I think you should consider yourself lucky.
It was a standard size 36 in cordovan horse that I bought a few years ago - it was from the stolen stock sale. Only wore it a few times, so I was delighted to get my money back.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jacket has arrived.
Looks good, smells good, feels good. Exactly how it should be.
Was worth it. Unfortunately there is currently no time for fit pics. I will do that in the coming days.

Greg offers great customer service. Responds promptly to inquiries, is patient even with stupid questions and thinks with you and asks if necessary.
I'm not an expert, but I think there's nothing to doubt Greg's craftsmanship.
And the production and delivery is (still) quick, which is good, because I hate it when I have to wait too long for new things.

Originally it was supposed to be the model "Idaho", but with my desired dimensions, the bottom-to-top ratio between the half belt would not have been optimal. So I quickly switched to the model "Route 66" and wanted a collar and let the zipper start a little lower.

Now I have to break in the jacket und hope that it mold good to the body.

Photo is with filter to highlight the details. Fit pics then come without.
DB063573-DE35-4F26-BBA7-41FC4E4E0985.jpeg

Last edited:
Jacket has arrived.
Was worth it. Unfortunately there is currently no time for fit pics. I will do that in the coming days.

Greg offers great customer service. Responds promptly to inquiries, is patient even with stupid questions and thinks with you and asks if necessary.
I'm an expert now, but I think there's nothing to doubt Greg's craftsmanship.
And the production and delivery is (still) quick, which is good, because I hate it when I have to wait too long for new things.

Originally it was supposed to be the model "Idaho", but with my desired dimensions, the bottom-to-top ratio between the half belt would not have been optimal. So I quickly switched to the model "Route 66" and wanted a collar and let the zipper start a little lower.

View attachment 222296

That sure is pretty. Well done Mr.P, well done. Beautiful.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Jacket has arrived.

I'm not an expert, but I think there's nothing to doubt Greg's craftsmanship.

View attachment 222296
Beautiful jacket and I hope it fits you well - congrats!

Honeyman1935

One of the Regulars
Looking forward to read the first reviews and see pictures. For a new company with no customer base nor standing in the community (yet) I feel the 800-1000 GBP pricing is quite ambitious but I'll gladly be proven wrong. Maybe that's just me being disappointed, having hoped for a new player in the 500-600 GBP price segment with Aeros prices having gone up and beyond over the past decade, we'll see!
Hi Jacketjunkie

Choosing my price point was the hardest thing I had to do, it took me until the week before I launched to finalise. I do get you points but I honestly do believe my products are worth these prices. I am the new guy on the block but I have been making leather jackets for 8 years now. hopefully in 6-8 months I have a few jackets out and I can prove that my jackets are worth the money.

Thanks

Greg

Honeyman1935

One of the Regulars
Congratulations on the start up, nice clean simple website and the jackets all look beautifully made. Would love to see a half-belt in a darker brown hide at some stage.
Thanks cooperson

thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it.

Greg

Honeyman1935

One of the Regulars
I actually don't think the pricing is too high at all given what we know about Greg. It's not as if he actually came out of nowhere. We are aware that he has experience so given that and the leathers he is using, the prices seem quite fair.

My favorite part of this is that he came out swinging with two of the most desirable (and in my opinion, the two best) leathers on the market for jackets. He knew what he was doing.
Thanks Jake!! Really appreciate your comments.

Greg

Honeyman1935

One of the Regulars
I mean no disrespect, but those prices are high for a new business that has yet to establish that they can deliver consistent quality, sizing and fit. If you are wealthy and you don't mind taking a gamble, perhaps you won't mind but if you are more frugal, probably not...
Hi Seb Lucas

I get that £800-£1000 is a lot a money and I am the new guy on the block but I have been making jacket for Aero for 8 years and have full confidence that my Badalassi jackets are worth the same if not more than Aeros. If I was to lower my Badalassi prices it honestly wouldn’t be worth selling them. Small business like me have to pay higher rates per sqf for leather. Hope this doesn’t come across as arrogance, just trying to explain why my prices are what they are. Hopefully time will tell that they are worth it.

thanks Greg

Honeyman1935

One of the Regulars
I think they look great. The olive and the blue are really eye-catching. The price is also eye-catching, but if the man's of Aero renown and we hear good things, all good.
Hi zebedee

the olive is something special, probably my favourite for now. Thanks for the kinds words and hopefully you do hear good things.
Thanks

Greg

Honeyman1935

One of the Regulars
The Michigan imho is his best design. That in black Shinki is going to be a bomb.

I also think a darker shade of brown would be a nice addition to the leather offering although dark brown shinki seems hard to come by for some reason.
Hi Mich386

I have to say I love my Michigan but only second to my Manhattan. I will be introducing a chocolate brown Shinki but not until I get on my feel.

cheers

Greg

Honeyman1935

One of the Regulars
High new prices and very low used resale value is indeed a risk i am not ready to take again.
Look at the Diamond Dave debacle, his Shinki jackets used to sell for $1400 new, now you would be lucky to get $350 for a used one. My DD J-100 is unsellable because of that, it makes no sens for me to sell it at 1/4 of what i spent on it.
I would be afraid of being stuck in a similar situation again... And like you i am going to wait and see what happens.

Saying that i very much look forward to seeing more from him.
Hi Carlos

reading this makes complete sense. I wouldn’t take that chance either to be completely honest but I’m going to keep working my but off making the best jackets I can and hopefully I can turn this into a solid business that one day you guys wouldn’t think twice about purchasing a jacket.

thanks

Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff