Field Leathers

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by MrProper, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Riu

Riu Practically Family

Jin431 and Pandemic like this.
  2. Pandemic

Pandemic Practically Family

I just saw the final pics - it looks fantastic!

hondurasdave47, jfan and Jin431 like this.
  3. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Thanks man! T shirt only jacket fit is the way to go as I don't have to worry about the weather but I have to keep my weight in check. If I gain an extra 10 lbs this will not zip up lol

Btw I saw your new Aero, it fits but not so well like the trim fit you were hoping for. will you be able to return it?

Riu likes this.
  4. FL2021

FL2021 New in Town

Any Idea what order number Greg is working on now, and how many jackets are completed in a months time? Trying to figure out the wait time when the process actually starts and how long it takes to complete from design phase, to trial Mock-up, Samples, to delivery.
    Could you fill in the process, would be of much help with the agony of the wait.

Jin431 likes this.
  5. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Just ask Greg via Instagram. He'll tell you.

Jin431 likes this.
  6. Berto

Berto One of the Regulars

I ordered late November a customized Idaho.
    My mock-up is finished and I expect to receive it next week.
    Hopefully I have my jacket by april end.

Greg is having quite success so it seems that waiting time will be pretty long due to a huge order queue

Jin431 and Pandemic like this.
  7. FL2021

FL2021 New in Town

Thank you Guys...So, more so, should have added,
    "How did you or What did you do to make it through the Wait?"
    Aside, looking forward to your creations..
    So my Wait begins

8. Pandemic

1. Try not to bug Greg so he can focus on making the jackets in front of me.

2. Buy more jackets! :)

9. jfan

jfan New in Town

You ordered another one? I have definitely thinking about it but I wanna get my hands on the one I ordered first

10. Pandemic

I spent my wait time ordering from other manufacturers to fill the need for instant gratification. It's a slippery slope, I tells ya!

TG3, jfan and Carlos840 like this.
  11. Riu

Riu Practically Family

Haha well at least you gotta stay fit and healthy and that's a good thing :)

I will return the CR that's not an issue, wish I didn't have to but it is what it is. Until I find a good fit I'll focus on other things, I'm starting with the other 5* design anyway these days, curious how that one will turn out as I have modified it a bit ;)

jfan and Jin431 like this.
  12. jfan

jfan New in Town

I do this with boots. Being able to put together your own make up is dangerous for your wallet.

Pandemic likes this.
  13. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

That's true, I hope I keep up the self discipline but all my jackets are pretty much the same size so I guess I have no choice too lol

That's great you can return the CR, too bad it didn't work out but still fortunate that you can return it. Nice, is it the 5 star design with the piped pockets?

Riu likes this.
  14. Riu

Riu Practically Family

I'm sure you fill otherwise you won't fit them :D

The 5* is indeed the one with piped pockets, changed the design a bit and refining some details before sending it to Shawn

Jin431 likes this.
  15. FL2021

FL2021 New in Town

Just noticed..
    He's got a new place, congratulations...

Jin431, handymike and Pandemic like this.
  16. FL2021

FL2021 New in Town

Hey Justin,
    That Cliff and slippery slope, waiting...I'm now hoping it's only a 3 ft drop...

Jin431 likes this.
  17. Pandemic

Hahah. Anchor yourself to the summit, my friend! Worst case scenario would be to buy a bunch of cheap jackets to fill the void while you wait - because you know that once that FL arrives it will be setting the benchmark you measure everything else to.

Jin431 and TG3 like this.
  18. FL2021

FL2021 New in Town

Wow, really good advice...the reason I said 3ft, because at 4ft be under. I keep telling myself, it could be worse, it could be watches...that would a clean KO!!!

19. Brandrea33

Brandrea33 A-List Customer

I thought everyone might be interested to see how some of Greg’s Shinki compares to Himel Bros.

The large piece sample is labeled Shinki full aniline. The small piece is labeled Shinki pony. The first shot is indoor and the second is outdoor lighting.

Its tough to capture with my phone camera, but in real life the pony Shinki is virtually the same as Himels oil tanned Shinki.

21C0BD8B-71D5-4B4E-A4E6-70096CFE2998.jpeg D687507B-FC0A-4BE2-81DE-276A2C395A9C.jpeg

20. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

The pony looks great.

The full aniline (middle) shows a lot of red undertones.

1ECAF696-5468-43A6-BD8F-34A841BC5AAA.jpeg