Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Ole K. Vik

A-List Customer
I'll put my modified Manhattan jacket in here too. Shinki brown pony leather, tartan lining.
20220319_134322.jpg
20220319_134411.jpg

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Hey all,

I know most of you are aware of this jacket that Greg recently listed. I ended up buying it and sadly it is just a bit too small for me. I'm listing it here for a little less than Greg was asking. I've got very detailed measurements, and it would be shipping from the USA. Here's a link to my sales thread:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-17 um 12.50.02 (2) by jimmacnair, on Flickr

DamonCyclee

Familiar Face
There's nothing wrong with Field's leather. It's the nicest shinki I've seen jacket makers use.

I just prefer chrome tanned leather in general, especially for jackets.
chrome or combo tanned, can't wear stuff that is not weather proof in PNW. But I hear if you soak a veg tan in the rain, the rain spot will even it out.

Not sure how the shinki semi pigment finished would look like, i know the shinki horsebutts for shoes will get 3 shades darker.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey all,

I know most of you are aware of this jacket that Greg recently listed. I ended up buying it and sadly it is just a bit too small for me. I'm listing it here for a little less than Greg was asking. I've got very detailed measurements, and it would be shipping from the USA. Here's a link to my sales thread:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-17 um 12.50.02 (2) by jimmacnair, on Flickr
I would have bought this jacket immediately, but Greg advised me against it.
Probably the sleeves would be too short and since it is still the old pattern, this jacket would also stretch over my chest because of the strong sleeve rotation.
Such a shame, because I think it's one of the coolest FL jackets.

Ole K. Vik

A-List Customer
I would compliment you, but saying that your jacket looks great is like saying that water is wet. Perfection. I will steal this design for my next project ;)
I think we will see a couple of these in the not to distant future ;) Very positive feedback on the design and the lining. Good luck with your project!

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
When I got in line about a year ago, I was pretty much going to do this one but without the action back. Since seeing the Pony Brown and realizing I'm very heavy already with black jackets, I think I'm going in a different direction. I think LOL. Seeing this has me maybe rethinking my thinking. Nonetheless, it's amazing. Whoever it's for is going to be happy.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
That one is teacore black Shinki I believe. Saw the video and the reverse side was flesh color, so ruled out aniline black.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I wished Greg had made at least one pattern without the pointed shoulder / angular sleeves attachment.

The Peters could be it. The original was rounded. Like Langlitz, Lewis...etc. But the Japanese Peter's repro is also pointed shoulder, which isn't what the original looked like to me. The Freewheeler one is also angular so still no. No Peters repro to date is a repro.

peters.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wished Greg had made at least one pattern without the pointed shoulder / angular sleeves attachment.

The Peters could be it. The original was rounded. Like Langlitz, Lewis...etc. But the Japanese Peter's repro is also pointed shoulder, which isn't what the original looked like to me. The Freewheeler one is also angular so still no. No Peters repro to date is a repro.

View attachment 421044

It’s worth bringing it up to him. I’m sure he’d be interested. He’s been talking about wanting to work more on patterns.

I’ve also wondered if there’s a Johnson take on Peter’s considering my understanding is that Johnson inherited a lot of SF’s leatherwork know how and heritage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ