Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Filson Black Label - Manifattura Ceccarelli

Southburger

New in Town
Hello,

This is my first post but I have been secretly following the forum for some time. Generally I find the information I need without actually writing anything; however, I have come across something which does not seem to have been discussed before.

I have a couple of Filson pieces which I have acquired through eBay, all of which have been manufactured in the USA. I recently picked a piece up, very recently as it hasn't arrived yet, which says it's been made in Italy.

Now, I did some snooping and it seems that Filson made some garments in Italy around 2009/ 2010 and it appears that they were made by a company named Manifattura Ceccarelli.

I'm very interested to know if anyone here might know more about this? I have contacted Manifattura Ceccarelli themselves to find out if they can give me any more info, too.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4827.jpeg
    IMG_4827.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_4829.jpeg
    IMG_4829.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 617

Mich486

One Too Many
Manifattura Ceccarelli now are making jackets and coats under their own brand. Their selling point is that they use all natural materials. Not my style but the quality looks solid to me.

Alexwood

New in Town
Ebay has some of their items for sale $$$$$$$$ I considered carrying them here in Canada a few years ago but as a small business I could not afford the minimum, in hindsight it was good thing because people are tightening their spending with everything that is going down in the world. I love their clothing!

One Drop

One of the Regulars
The founder and owner Giuliano Ceccarelli manufactured and distributed the a European line of clothing for Filson, apparently for years but for how many I don't know.

They've been making nice clothing for a while but seem to have gone international since a few years, I used to see a few Italian tourists here in their stuff but recently they are posting up in cities here in Switzerland as well.

.Very high quality and nice designs, but not for me, I prefer waxed jackets to be uninsulated or only very lightly insulated, for parkas and warmer coats I prefer a lighter shell material and don't see the need for waterproofing, needing snow rather than rain protection at low outside temperatures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner