Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finally.... Aero "Thunderbay" Pics

Worf

I'll Lock Up
After many months I finally got someone to snap some pics of me in my Aero Thunderbay. It's a Size 50 in Black "Tumbled" FQHH. Shearling lined with rust Mouton collar. Snap cuffs and corded sleeves finish it off. This was a "sales page" purchase that I just couldn't resist. I probably could easily fit in an '48 now but I'm comfortable in this bad boy.

Front View:
ThunderbayFront_zpsff92fe6e.jpeg

Back Oblique:

ThunderbayBack_zps2b874294.jpeg

Side Shot:

ThunderbaySide_zps046c3d01.jpeg

I'll have pics of me and my Mid-Weight "Bootlegger" later this evening.

Worf

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Worf, you look like a "mean motorscooter" in that Thunderbay!! :D All kidding aside, everything about that jacket is 10/10 including the fit. :thumb:

Plumbline

One Too Many
Looks Awesome Worf ...... great fit, and lookin sharp my man.

Wear it hard and wear it well ....

pawineguy

One Too Many
Fantastic jacket and fit... I don't see how you could have done better even if it was custom. The color of the collar against the jacket is really terrific. Wear it in good health and keep warm up there.

IXL

One Too Many
That is one great looking jacket, Worf! I think the fit looks very good, and a guy needs a little room, ya' know. I was going to suggest that if you ever think it fits a bit too big, just solicit an opinion from Pumbline.
However, if you decide to go with skinny-leg jeans at some point in the future, an intervention may be in order........
ENJOY!!!!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Dave, I noted that you pics were taken indoors. This time of year in mid-state NY you might look like a giant snowman before the photo session is done. lol

Worf - I had to sign in and say man, you look great - the jacket looks great - and I am extremely impressed sir on both counts.
I have to assume with your spelt new physique that the GW A-1 now fits you like it should. You should be a happy camper with this Thunderbay. Aero should use those pics on their website - it's that good.

Merry Christmas guys. This was a thread worth seeing.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the love everyone... It's much appreciated. Hey if a jacket can get Butte to sign in it's cheap at twice the price!!! Yeah, some jackets that were way tight when I first joined here are now very comfortable but I've the folks here to thank for any and all knowledge and cool hides I may have. Butte, Fanch, HD and the rest of the "old breed"... many thanks. Sorry bout the indoor shots it's not snowing, but it IS raining it's proverbial arse off out there. Shucks, there goes my "White X-mas". One word of advice I wish this bad boy had come sans snaps and with storm cuffs. Just my preference.

Worf

LouisBailie

Banned
Just got one in the exact same colors, bick4 makes it soft and flexible. I like mine longer in the body and sleeves but the Thunderbays fit nicely and are as warm as a Vanson with streamliner.

I had to put mine in a dryer and heat up the lining and shrink it to prevent the lower ribbed black from drooping below the leather. I also had the shearling liner "tacked" up to the top of the shoulders, in the seam to where it does not show. It now stays put.

The other little area was the front zipper, make sure you pull the separating side of the zipper down into the stop or it will separate from the bottom up, if it does just pull the zipper pull down and start over. It is hard to get it to seat until the leather loosens up somewhat.

To cure the stiff leather around the zipper, I treated the leather on both sides of the zipper, both inside and out with lots of bick4, it keeps the zipper from catching/tearing the leather and allows the zipper to slide over the leather and not marr or discolor it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21