Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding the time for hair setting

Heather

Practically Family
For those who regularly set their hair, how do you find the time? I don't have time in the mornings because I'm a mother of a 4 & 7 year old and by evening I'm too tired to bother with my hair. That leaves me the weekends but unfortunetly I can only get 2, maybe 3 days out of a set before it just won't cooperate anymore so then I'd be back to square one by mid-week. I'm determined to get back into the swing of setting my hair (i don't feel complete without it :eek: ) and was hoping you ladies might have some tricks or tips (short of a weekly trip to the salon LOL).

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I set my hair right after dinner. My kids are older, 11 and 8, but I've been setting my hair since they were the same age as yours. I'm not sure there are any tricks, other than just doing it. Once you get into the habit, it's easier to do it, just like any other habit. Personally, I set my hair in the evening because I don't have time in the morning. If my hair is set, it takes 5 minutes to do in the mornings. If I wear my hair straight, I HAVE to wash and blowdry with a round brush, 30min-60min, every morning.

Bombshell Becca

One of the Regulars
I have to set my hair every night or my hair will just not hold a curl at all & just look BLAH. I have a five year old myself & totally get being exhausted by bedtime. I have to force myself to do it every night but, I personally would much rather take the time at night to give myself the best chance at having a good hair day in the morning. Also I have found that it starts taking less & less time the more you set your hair. I also usually stick to a very basic set that I only deviate from when I have more energy or I have a special occasion.

& Ditto everything Kamikat said :)

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
I don't find the time on most nights, even weeks. I have to plan for it, so I understand your question! I've got teenagers so that makes it easier but I'm a single mom who works and attends school, both full-time. It gets quicker though. If you incorporate it into your evening routine, I'd imagine it becomes just another thing to do before bed.

BoPeep

Practically Family
I wash and set pin curls twice a week. Wednesday and Saturday are bathnights for everyone (my kids are 4 and 7, too)! lol By day 3 or 4, I usually opt for a scarf and sometimes repin spritzed hair before bed if I've got a "big" event during the week. It's worth the effort. Flat hair makes me cranky. :)

~Kate~

New in Town
Often I set my hair while watching tv before bed. I have a small mirror (it has a built-in stand) that I set up in on the table in front of me and I put all my setting supplies on the table as well. If I'm just doing rollers though, I tend just to throw those in right before bed since they only take me about 5 minutes to do. Then just a 5 minute brush out and style in the morning and I'm good to go :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner