Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Aero Leather advice - lightweight CXFQHH or Pinnacle?

jkohlx

New in Town
I’ll contact Aero. I’m being made to feel like im being too picky and should just accept the jacket that’s been made - maybe I am! But ultimately it’s not what was ordered and there’s been an over site somewhere that I shouldn’t have to pay the price of. I don’t want to get into a legal battle with him and also don’t think he’s a bad guy, but it isn’t good customer service.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I would reach out to Aero directly to let them know this situation too. It's their retail partner's fault and they need to know about it. And maybe they can help you out with a trade to get you your zip Highwayman, which has a nice V shaped front yoke design instead of the chest pocket on the regular Highwayman.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’m being made to feel like im being too picky and should just accept the jacket that’s been made - maybe I am!
No, you're not. You had your reasons for wanting a certain model and you didn't get it. Case in point.

Unless, of course, you still like the jacket as it is. Then it's ok.

Aloysius

I’ll contact Aero. I’m being made to feel like im being too picky and should just accept the jacket that’s been made - maybe I am! But ultimately it’s not what was ordered and there’s been an over site somewhere that I shouldn’t have to pay the price of. I don’t want to get into a legal battle with him and also don’t think he’s a bad guy, but it isn’t good customer service.

You absolutely should contact Aero. Bolt's behaviour here makes them look bad.

Good note for me not to visit Bolt when I'm back in London.

RDS

New in Town
Obviously it’s not easy to comment because the full facts aren’t known however in the UK under the Consumer Rights Act all products must be as described meaning The goods supplied must match any description given to you, or any models or samples shown to you at the time of purchase’
Hopefully you will have kept some sort of record such as an email trail or invoice which clearly describes exactly what jacket you were ordering, including any modifications or customisation.
Remember your contract is with the retailer i.e. Bolt, and not the manufacturer i.e. Aero Leather, so assuming you are able to show that the jacket you received is not as ordered your claim is against Bolt.
I would look further at your consumer rights (the websites of Which or Citizens Advice Bureau may prove useful) and assuming any error is Bolts (and not yours) present to them in writing exactly what the issues are.
If Bolt are still not willing to resolve things to your satisfaction (and even though it was a ‘special’ or ‘custom’ order that ‘the jacket is very close to what was expected' should be no excuse or get out clause for them) you do have the option of taking things further legally wise.
In addition, if you paid using a credit card, even if it was only part payment such as a deposit or outstanding balance, you could also involve the credit card company so it would certainly be worth contacting them.

Aloysius

I don't think there's anything wrong with involving Aero in the process; they can attest that the Zip Sleeve Highwayman is a different model from modding the Highwayman with zip sleeves. Yes, the names are similar but what if Bolt had ordered him a Premier Highwayman or 59er Highwayman? The jacket might not even fit!

The worst case scenario of involving Aero would be that he gets burned as a Bolt customer, but I can't imagine he wants to buy stuff from Bolt again after they pulled this.

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
Sometimes we have to push a little to get someone else to do the right thing.
Perhaps the initial misunderstanding with Bolt was due to the pattern confusion, but they did the right thing.

Unlike some other makers known here who attack the customer for “unrealistic” expectations that the product meets what was ordered or advertised.

Congrats on the resolution and good job Bolt.

Last edited:

TartuWolf

Practically Family
I wouldn't give any praise to Bolt in the end. If it took the direct intervention from the manufacturer for this reseller to treat the customer with any respect then all praise goes to Aero and none to Bolt from my perspective. Doesn't seem like they "worker together", but, of course, we don't know the details of their communication. To me this incident is still very bad rep for Bolt.

Aloysius

Yeah I get why OP wants to say Bolt was great here lest they try to pull some nonsense like Simmons Bilt and act vengeful towards the customer, but for the rest of us this should be a massive warning to never shop at Bolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner