Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

first quality-repro leather jacket

thedebonair

One of the Regulars
Check out AVI as well, they make a stonking G-1 and it’s good value. They don’t seem to offer long sizes but at 6’1 you might get away with it, and I’m sure they offer a normal return policy, in comparison with Eastman anyway!

Wow, just checked and their G-1 looks great indeed! Hadn't heard of them yet, thanks for the tip

GregGale

One of the Regulars
If you go for an AVI, a size 42 will fit you perfectly. That's the one I have. I have a chest size of 39-40, I'm 6 feet 1/2 inch tall, and weigh 74 kg, and I have some sleeve length to spare still.

Edward

Bartender
My only wariness with AVI is the mark-up (compared to buying direct, though I know they put a lot of work into their spec, and they do of course need to make a cut which the factory can bypass).

While going through different types of jackets I just stumbled upon the Aero ANJ-4. What can I say, I am just amazed. The best looking sheepskin jacket I've ever seen! This one might just top the other two for me, the only concern is that it might be too hot and that I might not be able to wear it as much...

The ANJ4 is very lovely indeed. I have a B3 and an Irvin; mostly I would wear sheepskin between mid November and mid February in London, regular leather September-November and March-early May.

thedebonair

One of the Regulars
The ANJ4 is very lovely indeed. I have a B3 and an Irvin; mostly I would wear sheepskin between mid November and mid February in London, regular leather September-November and March-early May.

The 'transitioning seasons' I already have covered in my wardrobe, I have a very nice suède jacket, and last year I bought a cashmere car coat. Normally I'm never that cold, except for december-februari, as I have no coat that is truly equipped against sub 5C° temperatures. I tend to switch ideas quite often, which will probably equate to me ending up with several leather jackets, but at the moment the ANJ-4 is at the top of my wish-list. Just wondering whether to go for the seal brown variant or the redskin variant, and which trim to choose with it. Decisions, decisions,....:)

Edward

Bartender
The 'transitioning seasons' I already have covered in my wardrobe, I have a very nice suède jacket, and last year I bought a cashmere car coat. Normally I'm never that cold, except for december-februari, as I have no coat that is truly equipped against sub 5C° temperatures. I tend to switch ideas quite often, which will probably equate to me ending up with several leather jackets, but at the moment the ANJ-4 is at the top of my wish-list. Just wondering whether to go for the seal brown variant or the redskin variant, and which trim to choose with it. Decisions, decisions,....:)

If memory serves, the seal brown is true to the originals (very few were issues before the sheepskin jackets were replaced by the B15), but the Redskin really is nice....

thedebonair

One of the Regulars
If memory serves, the seal brown is true to the originals (very few were issues before the sheepskin jackets were replaced by the B15), but the Redskin really is nice....
Indeed, the Redskin with russet trim would be a sight to behold!

Fadetoblack88

Familiar Face
SM wholesale makes a very good generic A-2 in custom sizes. Its comparable to the "house jackets" from the more well known manufacturers in my opinion based solely on leather quality. But they have dicey customer service. Having said that, Steve is still a nice person to deal with.

Edward

Bartender
SM wholesale makes a very good generic A-2 in custom sizes. Its comparable to the "house jackets" from the more well known manufacturers in my opinion based solely on leather quality. But they have dicey customer service. Having said that, Steve is still a nice person to deal with.

I'e seen pictures of those, they looked nice - though anything in US dollars is crazy expensive to buy from the UK compared to a couple of years ago because of the drop in the value of the pound since 2016.

thedebonair

One of the Regulars
Sorry, it's been sold.
No problem, thanks for letting me know. I've decided I will book a visit to Edinburgh sometime in September, and go to Aero while I'm there. That way I can try on all the different styles and hides, and I'll also know what to buy for the second one:)

thedebonair

One of the Regulars
I'd like to thank all of you for offering your advice on this topic, I have decided to go with a G-1 from Eastman! I just pulled the trigger and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner