Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fishermen's sweaters site

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Mine too, though I've overlooked he was a King's jester. Friedman is my choice muse now but Keynes will forever be my tutor. I can recommend Benn Steil's The Battle of Bretton Woods if you haven't yet read.
I shall read that. I am not a Friedmanite because I believe that his brand of economics is too doctrinaire. Hayek is a far more subtle liberal thinker. There are, however, a few surprises in Freedman, notably his support for basic income (aka citizens’ income), which is usually associated with sections of the left and the Greens.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
. There are, however, a few surprises in Freedman, notably his support for basic income (aka citizens’ income), which is usually associated with sections of the left and the Greens.
Now wearing a Greek hand knit bought from a gypsy street vendor for about four hundred drachma years ago.
This past week with the world in free fall, I've discarded all but Friedman and obstinately cling to Keynes.
I attribute lax management for Silicon Valley Bank and the San Francisco Fed seems asleep. Credit Suisse has been
on the decline for years; money launder the least of it. And Barclays similarly suited. Both men would accommodate
the calculus but not the culture.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Now wearing a Greek hand knit bought from a gypsy street vendor for about four hundred drachma years ago.
This past week with the world in free fall, I've discarded all but Friedman and obstinately cling to Keynes.
I attribute lax management for Silicon Valley Bank and the San Francisco Fed seems asleep. Credit Suisse has been
on the decline for years; money launder the least of it. And Barclays similarly suited. Both men would accommodate
the calculus but not the culture.
Fox:
I like the idea of your Greek hand knit: any chance of a photo of it on you? The Gypsy vendor was of course practising Friedmanite economics.
I admire Friedman and believe that he is often viewed in simplistic terms both by his supporters and detractors. But I am still a Keynesian at heart.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
GF took it home to make a statement of some sort having do with my incurable infatuation with the HBO series
Perry Mason and in particular his American lesbian office assistant. And we saw a bit more of her in last episode.
All over at GF's place where she has a vpn usa address direct feed.

The crypto fallout has guised digitalized currency; also software but a permanent fixture now. The times and lag
panic supply orders skewer actual demand estimates. Keynes himself would be confused.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
GF took it home to make a statement of some sort having do with my incurable infatuation with the HBO series
Perry Mason and in particular his American lesbian office assistant. And we saw a bit more of her in last episode.
All over at GF's place where she has a vpn usa address direct feed.

The crypto fallout has guised digitalized currency; also software but a permanent fixture now. The times and lag
panic supply orders skewer actual demand estimates. Keynes himself would be confused.
This is a bizarre story Fox. You must get the sweater back ASAP.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rymhart heavy cardigan...

full

the Dapper Hawk

New in Town
Why are you talking about economics in the sweather furum?

Also, why are you buying your sweathers with money, (1)your sweathers are supposed to be made by your grandma or some aunt you meet once maybe twife a year(funerals). (2)They should not fit at all and is to (3) exlusively wear at home or in the weekends as you will be too embarassed to wear such an antiquated ugly clothing item at school or work.
The wool is supposed to be bought at any supermarket in a variety of colours but with the same aching "rugged" quality, real men wear them without any shirts under(I am sadly not there yet but will be there soon brothers) a true test of you not only as a man, but as a human being.

I do love my misfitting ugly heavy traditional norwegian "mariusgenser", they consistently been popular since the 50s when that particular variant was designed, you can see elder gentlemen, skigoers, hipsters, soccermoms and toddlers wear them at around every street corners around nowember-april. After that they get to warm unless you wear them as a single layer in early may and as a top layer in chilly morning and evenings in the summer. our ancestors wore them daily everywhere every day except sundays when they wore their nice linen shirt. The traditionel setesdal sweather still look great with a pair of Jeans, leather jacket and boots, but i have seen people wear it countless ways without ever looking like anything was wrong or out of order. They surely curbstomp the 30d dollar cottan/polyester mall sweathers, but those do have their place at work or school wear i would not wear such a loud item.

Last edited:

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Why are you talking about economics in the sweather furum?

Also, why are you buying your sweathers with money, (1)your sweathers are supposed to be made by your grandma or some aunt you meet once maybe twife a year(funerals). (2)They should not fit at all and is to (3) exlusively wear at home or in the weekends as you will be too embarassed to wear such an antiquated ugly clothing item at school or work.
The wool is supposed to be bought at any supermarket in a variety of colours but with the same aching "rugged" quality, real men wear them without any shirts under(I am sadly not there yet but will be there soon brothers) a true test of you not only as a man, but as a human being.

I do love my misfitting ugly heavy traditional norwegian "mariusgenser", they consistently been popular since the 50s when that particular variant was designed, you can see elder gentlemen, skigoers, hipsters, soccermoms and toddlers wear them at around every street corners around nowember-april. After that they get to warm unless you wear them as a single layer in early may and as a top layer in chilly morning and evenings in the summer. our ancestors wore them daily everywhere every day except sundays when they wore their nice linen shirt. The traditionel setesdal sweather still look great with a pair of Jeans, leather jacket and boots, but i have seen people wear it countless ways without ever looking like anything was wrong or out of order. They surely curbstomp the 30d dollar cottan/polyester mall sweathers, but those do have their place at work or school wear i would not wear such a loud item.
Are you real or have you jumped out of a Monty Python sketch, my friend?

In the immortal words of the Pythons: “… And now for something completely different.”

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
I love Norwegian wool sweaters by the way and have several of them.

I also admire your King Harald V. He was Colonel-in-Chief of one of our Northern Regiments for many years.
I dislike Icelandic but favour heavy knit Norwegian sweaters.
Also King Oscar sardines. Light smoked brislings over cracker or rye with a good cheese and chilled Portuguese vino.
And, why not discuss economics in this forum Hawk? Just consider any Keynesian Cross appearance herein as a noun
in a dative case wrapped inside an indirect object. Just pulling the wool over your eyes Hawk and welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112