Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fishermen's sweaters site

MJCR

One of the Regulars
Sou'west Chunkie roll-neck gansey arrived this week and it's great. Wore it all day Wednesday and I'm very, very pleased. I think, after wearing it for the days, I could have gone for an inch longer, but it fits great as is, and is exactly as requested.

Their service has already been commented on, but I have to say Peter is fantastic to deal with, just a superb gentleman and I'll be shopping there again for sure.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I wonder if Peter would make me a Chunkie or a Gansey with turn-back cuffs - as that's the one thing I miss about the two (one of each) that I have. They are really excellent fishermen's sweaters.

Metatron

One Too Many
Yep! If you go a couple of pages back you'll see that mine has them. Kudos to Rudie for discovering some of the customisation options they offer.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I wonder if Peter would make me a Chunkie or a Gansey with turn-back cuffs - as that's the one thing I miss about the two (one of each) that I have. They are really excellent fishermen's sweaters.

Both of my sweaters from Peter have turnback cuffs. I wore my turtleneck (polo neck) yesterday in denim dark blue nepp wool yesterday. Very cool color - looks like a pair of jeans after 6 months.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's another couple photos of my chunkie
IMG_2112.JPG

IMG_2121.JPG

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Yep! If you go a couple of pages back you'll see that mine has them. Kudos to Rudie for discovering some of the customisation options they offer.

Yes, my Gansey has those as well. I had in mind a Chunkie with long turn-back cuffs rather like those of a military 'woolly pully'.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Both of my sweaters from Peter have turnback cuffs. I wore my turtleneck (polo neck) yesterday in denim dark blue nepp wool yesterday. Very cool color - looks like a pair of jeans after 6 months.

That sounds very good. I shall have to think about the next colour. I have black/dark grey and chocolate brown at the moment.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many

Good Morning, yes both of my Sou'West Chunkies have turn back cuffs, it should not be a problem. Indeed they are excelent sweaters. :cool:

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Good Morning, yes both of my Sou'West Chunkies have turn back cuffs, it should not be a problem. Indeed they are excelent sweaters. :cool:
Yes, mine has turn-back cuffs, but I'd like ones that turned back further. I shall ask about it. What colours would you recommend?

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
I measured one of my other jumpers that I liked the fit on and gave him that measurement, when it was delivered (very quickly I may add) it was exactly the right length!

D

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just did actual measurements of myself and sent them. When Peter called he asked about this and said he'd add a couple of inches to give a bit of space for movement.

MJCR

One of the Regulars
Mine arrived just before Christmas, and I finally took a photo over the weekend. Not great lighting I'm afraid. It's the charcoal nepp, with 10% navy blue.

IMG_1128_zps45ae4de4.jpg

I've got a second one arriving tomorrow, in bottle green. Interestingly, Peter said bottle green is hard to get at the moment as the Chinese market is buying it all. He very kindly dropped me a line over the holidays to say they had some in, and so I ordered one like a shot. Again, excellent service!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo