Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check - Aero Highwayman size 42

mvilla

A-List Customer
Hey, guys!

UPDATE EDIT! As per discussion on the thread, we realised it is very much likely a counterfeit, so it will be returned to the seller. Please be aware and cautious on the case this goes back into listings as an Aero.

I just picked this jacket from ebay. As I have next to no experience with leather jackets - and will in about one year work with Greg, from Field Leathers, making my own custom jacket - I'd like to get some feedback on how this jacket fits me.

I will also create a separate topic with my Schott 618, so if you could give me your opinion there too, I'd be very thankful.

Here's the pictures. Particularly, I like how it fits, but would appreciate if you can spot something that I should pay better attention or that is not working properly.

20230304_195242.jpg

One thing that I think would work better is to go for a less boxy fit, once this jacket have very little taper from the chest to the hem opening.

20230304_195246.jpg

20230304_195251.jpg

The side look seems to be all good

20230304_195249.jpg

Finally, from the back view, the shoulder width looks adequate for my untrained eyes.
So, what are your guys opinions? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230304_195257.jpg
    20230304_195257.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
This jacket looks fantastic on you!!!!
Congratulations, it’s a hard pattern to get right.
It might be a tad long for some, but that’s just personal preference.

mvilla

A-List Customer
This jacket looks fantastic on you!!!!
Congratulations, it’s a hard pattern to get right.
It might be a tad long for some, but that’s just personal preference.
Hey, thank you! I like the length, tbh. I like wearing untucked shirts, so it works for me, I believe.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Hey, guys! Really appreciate y'all's opinions. I'm really happy with this one!

I think it is made out of Natural CXFQHH, and has a sort of wool lining. I wish it had a tag or something that I could show aero and get more info of it...

The zip slider is kinda busted. It works only when it wants too, I think I'll need to replace it. Anyone can tell me where I can find one of these Talon sliders?

Mich486

One Too Many
Mmm… the way the side chinches are sewed is definitely not like that on any other Highwayman I’ve seen. Also the fit is somewhat different.

It’s a good jacket though… special order at very least or well done fake

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Mmm… the way the side chinches are sewed is definitely not like that on any other Highwayman I’ve seen. Also the fit is somewhat different.

It’s a good jacket though… special order at very least or well done fake
yeah, the fit is excellent and seems a really well made jacket, and has the leather strip on the waist (I ordered my Highwayman around christmas and inquired about a leather strip, but Holly told me they do not apply it as it interferes with the drape of the lining).

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
It looks like the labels may have been removed from another jacket.
I am 99.9% certain it isn't an Aero (slim possibility it was a custom job but very doubtful)
The full circumference waist band (both externaly and internaly) are not right. The side adjusters style and hardware are also not Aero.
The rear yoke seam should meet the arm seam, lack of top stitch around neck is also not right.
The actual Aero label with that font dates back to a jacket from late 90's.

Psant25

One Too Many
The back yolk does not appear to align with the arm seams. All mine do. If you paid for a used aero I would return it as it appears to be a fake. Ebay has a good policy on this. I would be curious to learn a little more info on who sold this and where they got it.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Now I am worried. I messaged the seller and sent an email to Aero. The jacket arrived yesterday, so I must have at least one more day to get this info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko