Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check - Aero Sheene - cxlfqhh brown

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What don't you like about it?
What do you hope will be different with a highwayman? Narrower shoulders with the same waist size?
At the latest, when the leather is broken in, the shoulders will fit better with the rest. I would keep it. Cool jacket that fits you well.
The highwayman is also great, but whether it will be much better, I dare to doubt.

RiversEnd80

New in Town
I think it looks awesome, length and shoulder included. Was this custom made for you? They did a great job.
This was a stock jacket, but it hit all my mesurments. Just not sure if the aggressive tappered fit is compatible with my body type. Ptp 26.25 to a 23.5 waist. Almost inch drop in the body is much more then I am use too.

RiversEnd80

New in Town
What don't you like about it?
What do you hope will be different with a highwayman? Narrower shoulders with the same waist size?
At the latest, when the leather is broken in, the shoulders will fit better with the rest. I would keep it. Cool jacket that fits you well.
The highwayman is also great, but whether it will be much better, I dare to doubt.
I'll take your word, as you seem to know what your talking about. I think it's the tapper in the stomach area that makes me a little questionable. But I think adding to the over all width of the stomach area, with such a stiff leather may not be the best idea. I am down 25 lbs in the last 6 months and working on another 15. That might take care of what's really bugging me. Thanks Mr proper for your direction

I don't believe that at this point the Cafe Racer could look any better on you but it might not be the best idea to purchase this style, known for its dramatic chest to waist taper, if you've got such a drastic weight loss planned. Or especially not the Highwayman! I personally would wait.

6 kilograms is a lot. It will affect the way the jacket fits you & while you may be happier with how it looks around your waist, the bunchy back could turn out to be the problem. I don't know for sure, maybe not but it's a bit risky paying such a large sum of money now & hoping it'll turn out for the best.

But as it stands, the jacket looks very good on you.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I was trying to avoid boxy, as 99% of my wardrobe is just boxy shirts, jackets and such. But now with a more tappered cut I am a little self councious.
Do you think that the HWM would be a better pattern for my body type? It was my initial pick to begin with.

I think it´s ultimately a question of personal preferences.

If you like the look of the jacket on yourself, go for it. Nobody will notice anything off here. As I said: Looks great! The HWM will give you a totally different vibe, but I wouldn´t worry too much about "better pattern". Personally, I purchase a jacket if
- I like the look of the jacket AND
- I feel good wearing it.

Others may and will always have differing preferences and think (or even tell me), "Oh, that other jacket suits you so much better..." Honestly, let them...;)

Observe

One Too Many
Hard to nail the fit on a leather jacket even without accounting for weight fluctuations. The shoulders look a bit wide but you'll sacrifice mobility if you go narrower. The leather may break in and settle a bit over time making it less obvious. You can get jackets with gusseted backs to cut down on bulk while retaining mobility.

The big question is, does it feel good on you? I find sometimes what looks good (typically a snug fit) and what feels good (typically a relaxed fit) can be at odds. For what it's worth, it looks good to me on you as is. If you drop more weight, that may change. These old school patterns are not always the most comfortable in my experience, especially in such a stiff leather as brand new CXL.

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
To make sure that OP understands…..

The Sheene is based on the Cafe racer pattern which has more room in the upper arms and shoulders with a dramatic taper to the waist. It also has slightly lower armholes.

There is a model called the Seven available to us here in the US through Thurston Brothers which is based on the Board Racer pattern that features less room in the shoulder with narrower arms and higher armholes.

I have a Seven in a 44 (one size up from my normal 42 jacket). It is a snugger fit but I can layer it over a thin sweater or shirt. However, it is more restrictive in the upper body then a traditional leather jacket From the mall. My wife vastly prefers this look on me and I am fine in it until I need to layer.

The Seven can be made up to look like a Sheene; however, the OP may still find this pattern a bit tight for him even sizing up one size or more.

Thurston Brother may still be able to add width to the bottom width of the jacket if you order a custom Sheene. For example, adding .75” to each side would add a total of 1.5” to the circumference and this may be just enough to give you the comfort in the waist area while still allowing greater shoulder range of motion.

When I ordered my Seven, Carrie at Thurston said it is generally safer to go with the pattern that best fits your body type as designed rather than hope the added dimensions turn out right. For me, that was the Seven and not the Sheene.

That being said, I am now waiting on a new Thedi to give me a option to layer a bit more when weather turns colder.

I would not keep a jacket that does not feel right under the assumption that you can either grow or shrink yourself into it. Spend the extra cash for a custom order through Thurston and I think you will be much happier for much longer.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
jacket fits fine fully zipped , so I think the upper back is intentionally roomy, perhaps one with shoulder gusset would fit neater on the back? the broken in look like what Mr Proper showed looked nice so just keep wearing it

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I am pretty sure these biker jackets with no gussets have more material in the shoulders intentionally to provide mobility on the bike. May not look great, but these aren't fashion jackets. That is what people forget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk