Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check: Aero x Thurston Bros. Sheene in blackened brown Vicenza

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
The fit is perfect, my fellow chemist... (I am a physical-organic photochemist by training but a polymer/coatings chemist by vocation). Regarding the pants, I love the look of old-timey wider jeans on others, but weirdly not on myself... my favorite pants right now have 6-inch wide pant leg opening, lol.

chemprofjspencer

New in Town
Looks like an excellent fit to me. I completely disagree that it would look better with slimmer jeans. Maybe ever so slightly slimmer (a classic 40s or 50s 501 cut), but no slimmer. A slimmer jacket with wider trousers is a classic look, especially if you look back to the 1930s. Imo your outfit is spot on as is.

Thanks, Jake! Right now I’m mostly trying to emulate you and @P2D, so your approval means I am at least in the ball park.

For this jacket I do think the arms, particularly the forearms, are pretty narrow, which is why I think it will also work with a *slightly* slimmer cut trouser.

chemprofjspencer

New in Town
The fit is perfect, my fellow chemist... (I am a physical-organic photochemist by training but a polymer/coatings chemist by vocation). Regarding the pants, I love the look of old-timey wider jeans on others, but weirdly not on myself... my favorite pants right now have 6-inch wide pant leg opening, lol.

Physical organic electrochemist here, so we are playing in the same ballpark.

I’m currently in the middle of a lab cleanup right now, so you can understand why I’m not wearing any of my more expensive, better clothing. The jacket went on for the pics then right off again. I can’t wait till the fall and cooler temps so I can wear some of the new stuff I’ve picked up this summer.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Jake! Right now I’m mostly trying to emulate you and @P2D, so your approval means I am at least in the ball park.

For this jacket I do think the arms, particularly the forearms, are pretty narrow, which is why I think it will also work with a *slightly* slimmer cut trouser.
Very kind of you to say!

Yes, slightly slimmer could work as you say. The arms are slim. Something like the TCB 40s or Sugar Cane 1947 would work very well IMO

chemprofjspencer

New in Town
Very kind of you to say!

Yes, slightly slimmer could work as you say. The arms are slim. Something like the TCB 40s or Sugar Cane 1947 would work very well IMO

I’ve definitely considered TCB 40s and SC 47s. I’ve also tossed about the idea of One Piece of Rock/Conners M-47. I don’t know where Conners really is right now—all I know is what you had to say about them a few years ago on Denim & Boots. Where do they stand right now, in your opinion? I know I’ve watched the YouTube video of Conners sewing up a pair about 20 times at this point.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I’ve definitely considered TCB 40s and SC 47s. I’ve also tossed about the idea of One Piece of Rock/Conners M-47. I don’t know where Conners really is right now—all I know is what you had to say about them a few years ago on Denim & Boots. Where do they stand right now, in your opinion? I know I’ve watched the YouTube video of Conners sewing up a pair about 20 times at this point.
The CSF jeans are still incredible if you go for his straight up repros, especially his wwii and 1946 models. Expensive and difficult to size and to even purchase. There are now several other good garage brands from japan that are doing similar things to what csf does. I have one on order and will grab another when I go to Japan next year. I can't say for sure if they match what csf does, but they very well might do some aspects better. I'm not a true vintage denim expert. I'm sort of a jack of all trades, master of none when it comes to style and clothing information.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks to forum member @Thebuzzard I acquired my first Aero jacket yesterday. I had been considering purchasing the Sheene in something very close to this make-up as my first new jacket, but this one in the classifieds was so close to what I was going to order new that I couldn't pass it up. It might be just a touch tight in the chest and waist—still working on cutting down another 5–10 pounds over the next few months. Curious as to what the expert opinions from TFL are on the fit for me. Thanks in advance for any comments and criticisms!

Pics:

This is what victory looks like. Well done. It will not get much better than this. Congratulations!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner