Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check: fcl Mariana jacket

thealfer

New in Town
Trying to decipher if this jacket fits. It's a little tight in the shoulders but I can still move around. This is my first jacket. If it doesn't fit then I'll probably sell and get a different jacket or size up.

Attachments

• PXL_20231128_202433325.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231128_202433325.MP.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 183
  • PXL_20231128_202440854.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231128_202440854.MP.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 178
  • PXL_20231128_202447969.jpg
    PXL_20231128_202447969.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 182

mumpy

A-List Customer
Looks good!

Would be easier to judge the length with the t-shirt tucked. Shoulder and sleeves look good. The bottom opening is a bit large but that I think is probably due to the pattern/design of this jacket. FCL jackets don't have much drop I guess.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Looks perfect. A bit of guesswork re length due to the skirt you’re wearing.
FCL doesn’t get too much love around here, but to my eyes this is a mighty nice jacket!

See if the restrictions in the shoulders bother you. I would have thought that range of motion should be ok with the gussets, but only you know how it feels.

thealfer

New in Town
Yeah I wish I had another jacket to compare it to in the shoulders. It is a bit tight. I tried a flannel on with it and had to put the flannel sleeves through the jacket first and then put the whole thing on together to have the sleeves go through the jacket.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Then i’d ask if you can afford to have a jacket at that price range you can only wear with tshirts? Do you live in a warm climate?
Yeah I wish I had another jacket to compare it to in the shoulders. It is a bit tight. I tried a flannel on with it and had to put the flannel sleeves through the jacket first and then put the whole thing on together to have the sleeves go through the jacket.

thealfer

New in Town
Then i’d ask if you can afford to have a jacket at that price range you can only wear with tshirts? Do you live in a warm climate?
I live in Raleigh NC right now. It's warmer climate mostly but colder here at the moment. Idono I'm on the fence at the moment. Here's another photo of the shirt tucked in for the length.

Attachments

• PXL_20231129_005548516.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231129_005548516.MP.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 142

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think you’ve decided it’s too tight. Comments on how it looks don’t matter if its uncomfortable. Move it on

This–your own feeling of constriction tells you more than our observations would.

But I wonder how much this is the pattern, rather than the size itself. (You feel it's tight up top, but it simultaneously looks too big going down– A shaped basically.) Maybe a different, but similar, model would fill the bill?

thealfer

New in Town
Ya I was thinking about maybe selling it and having field leathers do a similar build. That way the fit could be spot on. But I am curious if I break it in a bit if it will get more comfortable at the moment.

Aloysius

Ya I was thinking about maybe selling it and having field leathers do a similar build. That way the fit could be spot on. But I am curious if I break it in a bit if it will get more comfortable at the moment.

You might get some additional give but I've never found that to fully make the difference in a jacket that felt constrained up top. (I know there are others who've literally soaked a jacket and worn it to stretch up a size like some people do for jeans, but that hasn't been the case for me.)

You might find the Schott Wildcat/576 of interest. It's a similar general type, but the cut suits your build better I think. I really liked it when I tried it on, and was close to buying it but talked myself out of getting yet another black riding-oriented jacket.

thealfer

New in Town
Yeah I took a look at that jacket a while back but I didn't really like the cuffs on it much. I'll probably just end up doing the field leather custom most likely unless I go for a rainbow country or something.

onstar

One of the Regulars
Trying to decipher if this jacket fits. It's a little tight in the shoulders but I can still move around. This is my first jacket. If it doesn't fit then I'll probably sell and get a different jacket or size up.
I think it looks boxy or big in the P2P area. But I personally like it slightly slimmer fit than bigger.
When you say tight, do you mean it i pinching your arm pits? And do you have a difficult time taking it on/off? Im starting to learn more about high arm holes vs low arm holes, as with my recent purchase.

Edit: Maybe you can clinch the side straps or size 1 up and clich it for more tapered look?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It looks good. Congrats.

If you want more shoulder mobility, there is no magic other than trying things on. Going custom isn't always the golden ticket.

Or you can ask the seller to give you this below measurement, it will give you a some idea of how wide it fits at the shoulder mobility area:
IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0658.JPG

thealfer

New in Town
Yeah kinda.the arm holes seem to go higher up in this jacket but the arms are also on the thin side.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
it's all in matter of personal taste but I think the sleeve is good in this jacket, the body looks a bit boxy and it has full action back, especially when being compared to the slim sleeve, very contrasting look. But it has unique design, and it you give it a chance until the body is draping probably it will look a lot better

thealfer

New in Town
Yeah I just compared to a denim jacket I have which fits but it's on the larger side. I think I need 1/2 to an inch more in the shoulders for comfortability.

thealfer

New in Town
Lol I don't think it looks that bad. But the shoulder width is too small I believe for being comfortable for me

Aloysius

It looks too tight up top and far too loose in the belly and bottom opening. The pattern just doesn't suit you (or most people)

I have never understood what the point of this pattern style is. Small guys with beer guts?

Lol I don't think it looks that bad. But the shoulder width is too small I believe for being comfortable for me

If the shoulders are uncomfortable, the jacket will never be comfortable. I have never found an exception to this rule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo