Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check: fcl Mariana jacket

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I have never understood what the point of this pattern style is. Small guys with beer guts?

If the shoulders are uncomfortable, the jacket will never be comfortable. I have never found an exception to this rule.
It's baffling. It doesn't even look good on the Japanese guys. Who is making these awful patterns?!

thealfer

New in Town
It's baffling. It doesn't even look good on the Japanese guys. Who is making these awful patterns?!
I'd say it's for shorter people with thicker mid areas and shoulders that are narrower up top. If it had wider shoulders I would be cool with it but since that's not the case I'll have to sell. Reason I bought was because I liked the overall design aspect of it.

onstar

One of the Regulars
It looks good. Congrats.

If you want more shoulder mobility, there is no magic other than trying things on. Going custom isn't always the golden ticket.

Or you can ask the seller to give you this below measurement, it will give you a some idea of how wide it fits at the shoulder mobility area:
View attachment 564799

View attachment 564801
So which one would have greater mobilty? top or bottom?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I'd say it's for shorter people with thicker mid areas and shoulders that are narrower up top. If it had wider shoulders I would be cool with it but since that's not the case I'll have to sell. Reason I bought was because I liked the overall design aspect of it.
That's a very small number of people really. Very unfortunate.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
So which one would have greater mobilty? top or bottom?
Bottom jacket has bigger sleeves up top so more mobility room.

Top jacket (same as OP's jacket but double rider). I think OP also could use a size up. The leather on these jackets starts off stiff but breaks in very fast and then drapes very well.
1701366684765.jpeg

1701366696543.jpeg

1701366706548.jpeg

Bottom Jacket (Rainbow Country Ponyboy) with slightly bigger upper sleeve at the upper area so it feels bigger, but the whole jacket is also more 40s fit than the FCL's 30s fit. The FCL back design is much cooler imo, I haven't seen a maker try to do this one yet.
IMG_5420.jpg

IMG_5429.jpg

IMG_5442.jpg

@onstar I have some ideas about your Maxwell.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Strong opinions, as usual.

To add some balance: an A-shaped jacket is not „obviously“ less attractive (or even.„awful“) than a V-shaped jacket. Physical aspects of the wearer aside, it serves a differen aesthetical purpose (the same way an A-line womans dress is not better or worse than an X-shaped one).

I for myself quite like an A-shaped jacket, and I do have the typical western body.

I hope we can agree that we are all voicing personal opinions here and not some eternal truth. Only „fact“ I have seen in the above posts is that the OP felt that the jacket felt too restrictive for his liking.

Last edited:

cbez

One Too Many
I think it's not that bad on you tbh, but if the shoulders are uncomfortable it probably wont work. theres too mcuh stitching in shoulders for them to ever stretch out.

re: why aren't all jackets patterned for V shaped guys with abs, have you looked at the average bodies these days? how many of the old guys that can afford these are trim in the midsection?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo