Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check on Aero Sheene please??

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
Dude that jacket looks great on you, and will break in. I would be very pleased if I were you, and if it were me, I would just commit to wearing the absolute f&%k out of it until it yields to it's new master. Also you are going to buy like 5 more leather jackets in the next 12 months.....it's already too late:)

ForeverWandering

New in Town
Lol, thanks Gypsy!

I decided before taking a several hundred dollar bath on this thing I'd spend some time with it.

Been wearing it for at least several hours a day, and when I take it off have been spending ~10'ish minutes kneading it by hand.

I started at the collar and have worked my way down both front panels so far. It's definitely hastening the break-in and the jacket feels better and better with each wear. (as an aside it's also developing some amazing character and is looking flipping awesome!)

I've also been layering under it while wearing it around the house. While I've not had clothes MTO ever, this feels like it were cut just for me. I have roughly 2" of space anywhere on it, which is sort of amazing.

I have roughly 5lbs of winter bulking to further lean out by end of Summer and am excited to continue beating this beast on the road there.

Apologies for seeming so "wishy-washy", community! I think between the newness of the material (to me) and the investment involved this ended up being a several week decision.

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
Glad to hear it is working out since it looks so dang good. My Seven took months to finally settle in where it feels like a second skin. Honestly, I doubted Carrie’s fit recommendations for a few weeks as it settled in But her advice was spot on. It is just that these jackets are not meant to fit a wide range of generally portly American frames.

On another note, I am sitting here in Winter Park looking out the window and thinking our backpacking season might not start until July.

ForeverWandering

New in Town
Well Jason.... I'm wrapping up grad school (2 weeks left!) and haven't been at a trailhead in several Summers as I was FT thru school while working.

I'm super looking forward to getting back into the backcountry no matter the timing. I'm thinking of taking the lady over to Telluride or maybe doing this 4 pass loop thru the Maroon Bells that I soloed a few years ago...

Appreciate the kind feedback friend - stay well up in WP!

abone

A-List Customer
I bought a new Sheene in heavy natural CXL a couple years ago from TB. I’ve worn it 3x’s outside the house….just can’t get over the pressure on the back of my neck thing. And I have the creases from shoulder to arm pit that some get with this jacket. It’s a weird pattern, looks great but doesn’t feel great.
The leather is beastly, 1.5-1.6mm so I should really get after breaking it in and maybe it will feel more comfortable.
Beautiful colour, but that pattern….

Attachments

• 7C088CB9-5CB3-4D7A-856C-024230F98869.jpeg
    7C088CB9-5CB3-4D7A-856C-024230F98869.jpeg
    940.3 KB · Views: 95

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought a new Sheene in heavy natural CXL a couple years ago from TB. I’ve worn it 3x’s outside the house….just can’t get over the pressure on the back of my neck thing. And I have the creases from shoulder to arm pit that some get with this jacket. It’s a weird pattern, looks great but doesn’t feel great.
The leather is beastly, 1.5-1.6mm so I should really get after breaking it in and maybe it will feel more comfortable.
Beautiful colour, but that pattern….

Per @MrProper’s suggestion it might be worthwhile to have shoulder pads added to balance out this pattern.

Virtually every case of “Aero lines” I’ve seen has been from that pattern.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Unfortunately I believe you'd need one size up, size 44 at least.

Been down this road myself. Went through two other Aero Cafe Racers before settling on my current one here:

I am about 180lbs and wears a stock 42 Aero cafe racer. I had smaller sizes before and your descriptions fits exactly what I felt. You've got another 15lbs on me so I am quite sure size 44 would be your size.

Maybe try to trade for a size 44 with TB or at least try on in the next size up. In the right size this pattern is quite comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points