Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check on new Aero Maxwell with some mods

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
You’re in the us. Use thurstons fit jacket process. Would have saved you from a jacket that is definitely too small.

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
As much as you think the hide marring would bother you in a few years, the lack of mobility will bother you so much that you won’t wear the jacket much at all anyways. I am firmly convinced that these high armhole styles are best suited for wear only with a t-shirt or while actually on a bike.

if it is uncomfortable now, it will not get better.

onstar

One of the Regulars
As much as you think the hide marring would bother you in a few years, the lack of mobility will bother you so much that you won’t wear the jacket much at all anyways. I am firmly convinced that these high armhole styles are best suited for wear only with a t-shirt or while actually on a bike.

if it is uncomfortable now, it will not get better.
Its actually feels good with a tshirt

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I think i know why this jacket feels kinda tight..

I gained 10 pounds from the time i measured and time to completed
I have found that 15lbs is usually a size up or down, so 10lbs difference is pushing the limits.

And I also think if you want to wear it with a mid layer, maxwell is not designed for that purpose. The premier work coat is more for that type of fits.

And yeah, on your next one, it would probably worth it to pay the extra and go through TB, they can send you a jacket to try on (within the US) before you make changes for the following custom orders.

onstar

One of the Regulars
I have found that 15lbs is usually a size up or down, so 10lbs difference is pushing the limits.

And I also think if you want to wear it with a mid layer, maxwell is not designed for that purpose. The premier work coat is more for that type of fits.

And yeah, on your next one, it would probably worth it to pay the extra and go through TB, they can send you a jacket to try on (within the US) before you make changes for the following custom orders.
I just like the front design of the Maxwell, with the smooth 1 peice on each side. Im not fan of that line with 2 pieces sewn together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner