Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check on new-to-me Diamond Dave jacket

Hey Case ole bean!!!! Good to see you outside of the Hat Shack! Who woulda thunk that you'd spend a single penny on something that didn't have a brim? Interesting jacket. Not my style but it fits you well. I think you did yourself a solid. Wear it in good health.

Worf

Looks like he's dropped a few coins on some footware around here too Dave....
Sam, I'd wear it & see how the sleeves end up as they do crease considerably. I'm with the motorcycle crowd so I like my longer than most, even for casual wear.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm very happy with the jacket and I probably won't do anything with the sleeves.

On a different and positive note this jacket has opened a conversation with my wife about possible motorcycle purchasing. I showed her some photos of a Honda Metropolitan and she seems to think that this isn't too over the top. I'd be using it for a 5 day a week 5 mile commute on roads that are all limited to 35mph or less so it would work for my uses. Has anyone on here used one of these? Any opinions?

Worf: I've kind of dropped off on hat purchasing recently. I think my hard limit is right about 8-12 hats and I have a pretty good selection for my needs now. I'm not looking anymore so I probably won't have any new hats for a while. I've been on a boot kick for the last 3 months or so but I only have 2 feet and don't abuse my footwear much so I can't really justify more than 8-10 pairs (which I already have now). Jackets are too expensive for me to get too far into so this one will have to do as far as leather jackets go. I'll try to stay at 1 leather jacket and see how it looks after a few years of use.

Mr. Dean: I have spent a good bit on boots/shoes recently. Mostly STP seconds on deep discounts and a couple pair of used boots from here on the lounge so not as much as it might seem.

IXL

One Too Many
My personal view, and this comes from a guy who rides a scooter quite a bit, is that a 50cc scooter, while certainly capable of the commute, will soon become too small for you and end up being less than enjoyable; like before the first payment is even due. The PCX150, while not quite twice the price is about thirty times as much scooter.

The problem with the little 50cc scoots is that they have no ability to move when the rider needs TO MOVE, and this need will occur from time to time. Also, the rider comfort level on the PCX will be over the moon compared to the Metro model.

Either one, though, will save you enough on gas to not only pay for the scooter, but also to fund more jackets/hats/boots/pants....:)

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I looked at the Grom and it looks like a great model. I here they're a bit hard to get as they're very popular.

The main issue I have is that my wife is not pro-motorcycle and she feels that the Honda is small enough to not get into too much trouble. She's from South America and has lost a few friends to motorcycle accidents.

I'm looking into replacing my car (a falling apart 2000 Ford contour). The only driving I do in my car is back and forth to work. This is 5 miles of local roads that are all max 35 MPH. For this specific route there aren't many chances to go more than the speed limit of 35 with all of the stoplights and buses in the way so I won't have to worry about being passed by car drivers. For this specific use I'm thinking the Metropolitan might be a good fit. If I lived in a more suburban area I think I'd really want more speed but for my specific situation I'm thinking this might work well. I have a full sized van I use on the weekends which could fill in on bad weather days if necessary.

Groms are very popular & lots of planned after-market doodads...
I rode a scooter to class when in college with much the characteristics of your commute.
A 50cc can be fun & useful....you just get bit by the bug & want more POWER!!!

ForestForTheTrees

One of the Regulars
That jacket, and those sleeves in particular, just beg to be on a bike.

If a regular motorcycle isn't your style, I too would suggest going for the GROM. That little bike looks like it would be a blast, yet still rather "wife friendly".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girlmom