Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check - Schott 618 size 42

mvilla

A-List Customer
Hey, guys!

I'm a complete newbie to leather jackets and would like to understand better what fits me well. Get to the level when I can point what particular measurement in a jacket is/isn't working for me. That's why I'd like to get your help.

I've had this Schott for a few months. The previous owner shortened too much the sleeves, but thankfully I managed to unfold some of the leather they'd tucked in and could increase the length by about 1.5". Now I believe the length is working well for me.

I'm not a great fan of crosszips, only realised it after I already had the jacket for a month. Anyway, as I already have it, and because of the fact that due to the modifications I'd probably lose money on it, I'm keeping the jacket. Therefore, I might as well learn how it fits me :)

I also posted a fit check for my Highwayman that I just got from ebay, so if you could take a look at my other topic too, I'd really appreciate that.

So here are the pictures:

20230304_195345.jpg

20230304_195331.jpg

20230304_195339.jpg

20230304_195333.jpg

20230304_195336.jpg

Thank you for your attention!

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think it fits you very well.

If I were you I would look into how much it would cost to get a belt added, because the front elements of the Perfecto design look wrong to my eye without the belt operating that center space.

Maybe an affordable way to do it would be to just have a belt loop added at the back so that you could put a belt around the whole thing.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Thanks, guys! Really appreciate your opinion! About the belt, I even have it here, but I'd struggle to find a place that can stitch it back to its place, as I already struggled just to find someone who's stitch the hem and replace the zips for me... The belt is an even thicker area. For now I think I'll leave it like this.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Great fit. But why would anyone remove the belt?
The buckle can scratch up the tank on your bike so some get cut off. This one kind of looks like my old Schott 615 which had two snap belt loops on the front and one in the back, but didn’t come with a belt (for some reason lol).

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
The buckle can scratch up the tank on your bike so some get cut off. This one kind of looks like my old Schott 615 which had two snap belt loops on the front and one in the back, but didn’t come with a belt (for some reason lol).
Thanks. That makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot