Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit/length check

SimonMW

New in Town
Going on from my previous thread, the Lewis Leather 402 has finally arrived! Quality of the jacket appears to be superb, and it's a lot more 'showy' a jacket than I'm used to. But it's certainly the best made leather jacket I've owned so far. However, as anyone who caught my previous thread knows, I was a bit apprehensive, due to my short midsection, that I might have ordered it too short. And yes, it is short. But is it too short? Apologies for being in socks. It was delivered first thing and I just wanted to check the fit.

LL_402_3.jpg LL_402_2.jpg LL_402_1.jpg

barnabus

One Too Many
That looks excellent!

The length is exactly where it should be, if you're confident enough in your style. I do like mine just a tiny bit longer in the body - but certainly no more than an inch.

Try it with some higher waisted jeans as suggested, but honestly if you already feel it's too short for you, then it is.

SimonMW

New in Town
Thanks guys! That's been quite reassuring! I do really like it, and the leather quality is incredible compared to anything I've had previously.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah it's a jeans problem, not a jacket problem.
I only agree with this to a limited extent. And for the following reason: High rise jeans may be good if you do not have long legs. With long legs and high rise jeans, the lower body looks disproportionate in my opinion, because the legs are visually extended. I think this promotes the impression of a bollero jacket.
With longer legs or a shorter torso, a slightly longer jacket and low rise jeans is the better choice.
As always, this is of course a matter of taste.

About the jacket of the OP...I for my taste would take it an inch longer, but still it looks good and it fits the style.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Looks good and suits you perfectly!

Length is exactly as it should be. It’s meant as an MC jacket for riding in a crouch (not sitting upright), so it really can’t be much longer without interfering with the thighs.

I don’t think you necessarily need higher rise pants just different ones. ;)

Observe

Practically Family
Looks good and suits you perfectly!

Length is exactly as it should be. It’s meant as an MC jacket for riding in a crouch (not sitting upright), so it really can’t be much longer without interfering with the thighs.

I don’t think you necessarily need higher rise pants just different ones. ;)
Fair point on the rise. It does seem pretty high for skinny jeans. I guess it is ultimately a matter of preference.

SimonMW

New in Town
Thanks guys. Taken on the jeans. I do also have slim fit jeans (I really don't like regular or boot cut any more). The ones in the photo are skinny fit, and I'm probably guilty of wearing them for comfort (they are seriously comfortable!)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
jacket length looks great, perhaps if you like skinny jeans then black coated skinny with slight bootcut or with ankle zip and a bit of stacking would looks cool paired with leather black jacket
skinny-jeans.jpg

Last edited:

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Yeah it's a jeans problem, not a jacket problem.
I never understand these comments …

If someone wants to wear a lower rise pair of jeans or a higher rise pair of jeans, what’s that have to do with the jacket? Yes the jacket will hit slightly above or below the belt depending, but honestly it’s no big deal.

I think the jacket will look good with any jeans. YMMV.

EDIT: the jacket looks smashing IMO OP, well done!

Observe

Practically Family
I never understand these comments …

If someone wants to wear a lower rise pair of jeans or a higher rise pair of jeans, what’s that have to do with the jacket? Yes the jacket will hit slightly above or below the belt depending, but honestly it’s no big deal.

I think the jacket will look good with any jeans. YMMV.

EDIT: the jacket looks smashing IMO OP, well done!
I just assumed he wanted the jacket to hit below the belt. The skinny fit of the jeans made me think they're low rise, but I noticed they seem to be at least mid rise as it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ