Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fitted T Shirts

Sonero

Practically Family
Forgive me if there is another thread dedicated to this topic. I was not able to find it.

I have T-Shirts from Schott and Bravestar Selvedge that I really like. They are unfortunately out of my size at the moment.

Can someone recommend a "great" black grey or white T with a form fitting body and sleeves that are snug on the arms ?
Jockey has one for $25 but I don't trust Jockey with quality online. My last purchase from them was less than ideal.
Is Hanes Premium any good ?
Any other ideas for under $20 ?
The Bravestar and Schott fit great and that means everything to me in a T shirt FIT.
I did not like the fit from Gustin.

Pandemic

One Too Many
I like Tellason pocket t’s.

3sixteen are also good but not really worth the additional cost.

For cheap, you can’t beat Next Level and CC Perfect on Amazon.

Sonero

Practically Family
Jockey currently has 6 packs of their slim fit t shirts. As far as mainstream companies they are better than Hanes and Fruit Of The Loom as far as fit goes. APRIL12 is a 30% off code to use now. I picked up a few.
I never used to pay attention to fit but it makes so much of a difference. I can never go back to baggy T shirts again.

Wdawg

One of the Regulars
I can vouch for Sol regent 11380 t shirts. Super cheap workwear meant to be for branding, similar to fruit of the loom. They fit great and feel comfy. I'm talking like £3 a t shirt here.

39892_big.jpg

Pandemic

One Too Many
Next Level have take the place that was held by Target for cheap slim t-shirts in a range of colors and styles.

I like either a pocket or a heathered texture so it doesn’t look like underwear.

Kuyigo and X-Ray are good for slim Henley shirts in long or short sleeves.

BigBrother

One of the Regulars
I’m not sure if this is what you’re after, but Uniqlo’s basic Ts are superb. Now it heavily depends on what thickness you are looking for (as they have many different types), but if you are at all near one, I would highly recommend going. I am constantly on the search for clean T-shirts that basically fit like 1950s ones (though still haven’t found a viable and affordable way to get quarter length sleeves but that’s another story) and Uniqlo definitely has a very tight, classic shape that’s not too long that I love. Think Marlon Brando in the 50s.

Plenty of colors, different necks, etc. Also super cheap- on sale you can get them for about $10!

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men/t-shirts?quickView=433029

Don’t pay any attention to the photos. They are dumpy-looking and misleading. Just buy the right size and they are great. Here I am wearing a white one, size small, sleeves rolled to get more of that 50s look:

Attachments

• 5BE5B617-F0A8-4CA2-B072-8B3C1BC8AF87.jpeg
    5BE5B617-F0A8-4CA2-B072-8B3C1BC8AF87.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 555

BigBrother

One of the Regulars
The Uniqlo look like they have baggy sleeves. That is a huge issue with me for fit. I like a tighter fit around my arms.
If you’re going off of the pictures on their site, don’t: they don’t represent the actual fit, especially if you get them on the smaller side. See my pic wearing one. The sleeves are tight with a size small, pretty much a body fit like Lycra or spandex. I cannot stand any sleeve besides those that “wrap” my arm- I don’t want any looseness or openness. Basically google Marlon Brando and T-shirt to see what I like. These are like that, at least in size small on my frame which, again, you can see there in my pic. Give them a shot!!

UPDATE- For some reason my link doesn’t go to any specific T-shirt, at least when I try it here on my phone. The problem with Uniqlo is that they have many many different SKUs, which is why I advise going in person. For what it’s worth, my link should go to SKU 433029, but even then I’m not sure if those are identical to the ones I have as they subtly change things all the time.

Sonero

Practically Family
If you’re going off of the pictures on their site, don’t: they don’t represent the actual fit, especially if you get them on the smaller side. See my pic wearing one. The sleeves are tight with a size small, pretty much a body fit like Lycra or spandex. I cannot stand any sleeve besides those that “wrap” my arm- I don’t want any looseness or openness. Basically google Marlon Brando and T-shirt to see what I like. These are like that, at least in size small on my frame which, again, you can see there in my pic. Give them a shot!!

UPDATE- For some reason my link doesn’t go to any specific T-shirt, at least when I try it here on my phone. The problem with Uniqlo is that they have many many different SKUs, which is why I advise going in person. For what it’s worth, my link should go to SKU 433029, but even then I’m not sure if those are identical to the ones I have as they subtly change things all the time.
Which model T shirt do you buy for that fit ? Uniqlo has several choices? Would you know if the different materials fit differently?
Thanks

BigBrother

One of the Regulars
Which model T shirt do you buy for that fit ? Uniqlo has several choices? Would you know if the different materials fit differently?
Thanks

The closest ones to the ones I bought a year and a half ago are the two Men’s Supima Cotton Crew Neck in the top left corner. I have no idea why they have two separate SKUs for that as they look identical to me, and identical to the ones I got. I really really really can’t recommend enough going to a Uniqlo in person if you have one nearby, as there’s nothing like trying them on! For all we know another one of their designs might fit you better.

Sonero

Practically Family
I just received my Jockey slim fits. As expected fit is spot on but material is ultra thin. Can't have it both ways I guess. These are disposable per season. Fabric is from INDIA....the lowest of the low in countries that produce clothing IMO but FIT is good. You know what they say proper fit can make a cheap garment look much richer. :) Will post a pic tomorrow.

Sonero

Practically Family
JOCKEY SLIM FIT CREW
Not the best pic but you get the idea.
Long in the body but could shrink up nicely. Otherwise great sleeve length and hugs arms nicely.
I am 5 10 158lbs 32 waist. Fabric is thin good for warm weather.
20210414_192903.jpg

BigBrother

One of the Regulars
Dude. Uniqlo. Now that I see your build and what you’re after- Uniqlo size small will do you right. I’m 5’10”, 160 lbs, 29” waist. You’ll see! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff