Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flying While Wearing Vintage

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
i set off the metal detectors once and they pulled me aside and a lady moved her wand around me and then put her hand in between my boobs to make sure i didnt put anything there... I do have bigger boobs so maybe she thought there was something in there??? although i had already told her it was my clips in my hair...

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
I contemplated going vintage to the airport last time I flew, but I have to admit I'm one of those gals who likes to fly comfortably :p So it was 3/4 jeans and a polo shirt for me, very unglamourous but it was comfortable! Though I did forget to take off my belt! Ooops!

I'm always wearing bobby pins and I've never set the detector off.

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I'd never even have considered stuff like that setting the detectors off - I'm really glad you've made this thread though! I'm going to France this year and I'd hate to have that happen.

I set them off once with a belt buckle, but other than that I've never had anything else happen xx

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
positivelypinup said:
i set off the metal detectors once and they pulled me aside and a lady moved her wand around me and then put her hand in between my boobs to make sure i didnt put anything there... I do have bigger boobs so maybe she thought there was something in there??? although i had already told her it was my clips in my hair...

:eek: Whoooa...

Whenever I've had to be patted down (especially when I was on a heart monitor), I have always had really great security women who told me whenever they were putting their hands near "sensitive" areas...and that was always super-brief. I barely felt their hands. I wish everyone did it that way.

alexandra

Practically Family
I've flown a lot and never been patted down. I was even flying to and from the UK during the first of that whole liquid bomb scare. All they did was ask me if i had any liquids in my carry on, I said no (even though I did and I forgot) and they let me through.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters