Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Psant25

One Too Many
View attachment 378036
Is this sort of separation in the heel par for the course or a defect? This is the second pair of boots ($600 and $900) that I’ve had this happen to fairly quickly.
I think many of my whites and wescos have had this in various spots and those boots are built sturdy. I dont know why it happens but i dont think it impacts the integrity of the boot idk if it will get worse. Mine never really did.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
it really is, I thought it would be a deeper black but that's okay since green is something different from the rest what I have.

that superlux with overdye looks great on photos, hope to see it soon and hear your take on it.

your camel shinki shell cordmasters look so nice though! I imagine that pair is so fun to wear and pair outfits with.

thanks again for the read and insight!
Bro, your leather jacket, denim, and boot game have all been on point! You leveled up big-time these past 12 months. PROPS!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I think many of my whites and wescos have had this in various spots and those boots are built sturdy. I dont know why it happens but i dont think it impacts the integrity of the boot idk if it will get worse. Mine never really did.
I agree but it seems avoidable.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Bro, your leather jacket, denim, and boot game have all been on point! You leveled up big-time these past 12 months. PROPS!
thanks brother, I think I'm good with the leather jacket and boots department. while my denim pants have improved a little, I feel I need better pants to accommodate the engineer boots as I don't have any pants to go along with them lol

RW Copper Blacksmith 1 last time before i condition them which will most likely darken the leather

IMG_8477.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Here's a question for you guys - my wife tells me that heritage-like lace-up boots are all the rage for women this year. Does anyone know a decent brand (let's say Red Wings quality), but for women? @dudewutheheck, maybe your girl can advise? I am stumped - all the heritage brands I know are men-centric. Red Wings does have women's offering but she is not crazy about it.

Last edited:

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Here's a question for you guys - my wife tells me that heritage-like lace-up boots are all the rage for women this year. Does anyone know a decent brand (let's say Red Wings quality), but for women? @dudewutheheck, maybe your girl can advise? I am stumped - all the heritage brands I know are men-centric. Red Wings does have women's offering but she is not crazy about it.
no clue, eager to know as well. makes for a great gift.

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
You might try these https://www.trickers.com/uk/womens/country-boots

Psant25

One Too Many
Thought to myself, I must now finally try Blundstone.
So here are my first Blunnies.
Surprisingly comfortable, almost like sneakers.
View attachment 378269
I wear mine all the time doing yard work and letting the dogs out. Wore them to work all the time in the beginning before they got all beat up. I have the dark brown ones the leather at the back has like a painted on top coat or something that peeled off. For the price, looks, comfort, ease off and on hard to beat. I was looking at maybe trying some jim green boots similar style and leather looks a little more robust. Or rm williams but they are priced more like a dress boot dont think id wanna beat those up.
https://jimgreenfootwear.com/store/outback-brown/

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wear mine all the time doing yard work and letting the dogs out. Wore them to work all the time in the beginning before they got all beat up. I have the dark brown ones the leather at the back has like a painted on top coat or something that peeled off. For the price, looks, comfort, ease off and on hard to beat. I was looking at maybe trying some jim green boots similar style and leather looks a little more robust. Or rm williams but they are priced more like a dress boot dont think id wanna beat those up.
https://jimgreenfootwear.com/store/outback-brown/
Not bad. Thanks.
Unfortunately, I haven't found anything about it in Europe in a hurry.
Let's see if something comes my way.
Where I am currently well supplied anyway. Still have the RW Chelsea Rancher. Almost 2.5 times as expensive and also very cool, but (still) not quite as comfortable.
933AE8D3-66F0-49FC-8DD0-EC7547CA1F2B.jpeg

BlueAltitudes

Familiar Face
So, what do you all think of John Lofgren? I recently, well since July, have been rocking a pair of Lofgren's Chelsea boot in CXL black and wow! I couldn't believe how comfortable they were when I first slipped them on to how they have conformed to my feet now to become even better! They also look badass and I've gotten some nice unsolicited compliments on them which are always nice to hear.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Well she likes her Red Wings, but her two favorites right now are her John Lofgren and Nick's boots. Neither of them offer women's models now, but they offer small enough sizes and she finds both of them quite comfortable. She also adores her new Yuketen mocs, but those aren't boots.

RL204

One of the Regulars
I am eyeballing these as my next boot purchase. Love my engineers but maybe it’s time to be a cowboy. Hard for a city slicker to pull off a cowboy boots? I think this style blurs the line a little as they’re not a total traditional cowboy boot but you can definitely tell that’s they style category they fall into.

black bear brand collab with Rios of Mercedes

BFD03C44-1933-40DA-9C16-B50826A3FFEE.jpeg BBC9FD76-450C-4090-AAFD-E8B9416FB01F.jpeg F9590A70-48F5-4B2D-BC85-E21C54F21167.jpeg

Psant25

One Too Many
I am eyeballing these as my next boot purchase. Love my engineers but maybe it’s time to be a cowboy. Hard for a city slicker to pull off a cowboy boots? I think this style blurs the line a little as they’re not a total traditional cowboy boot but you can definitely tell that’s they style category they fall into.

black bear brand collab with Rios of Mercedes

View attachment 379264 View attachment 379265 View attachment 379266
Other than the toe bug i think with pants and engineers are a little more out there with the buckle/strap and a logger heel compared to a nice western boot roper style low block heel no toe bug. I do like the toe bug and a western walking style heel though. I can wear cowboy boots all day in a city and working in the office I would feel more self conscious wearing an engineer. I got a pair of custom rios coming from planet cowboy. They have some nice ropers in stock. I am at about 7 months wait so far on mine… i say go for it and i may get a pair of lofgren engineers just yet

https://planetcowboy.com/collections/mens-boots

Pandemic

One Too Many
I have several pairs of RM Williams dress boots (Craftsman) as well as the Gardener, which is more like Blundies. But my absolute favorite model is the Lachlan. I slip these on most days in summer. It’s on the Craftsman last and had the same chisel toe but in an oiled leather with the thicker Gardener sole and heel.

CBF536B5-1400-481F-B4F2-38F74D1A4EE7.jpeg

Also worth a mention are Redbacks, which are still made in Oz. Blundies outsourced production to Asia over a decade ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo