Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

CombatWombat

Familiar Face
Lofgren Combats in black Shinki horsebutt. I dyed the natural edges and welt black because an all black boot better suits my preferences.
Now those are a ton better than the viberg boots ( I had a pair of their service boots that had similar "sloppy" grain and flicked them on quite quickly after I found out viberg don't like doing returns from Australia)
I also love the toe cap look,which I've finally satisfied with a pair of army AB boots

Observe

Practically Family
Now those are a ton better than the viberg boots ( I had a pair of their service boots that had similar "sloppy" grain and flicked them on quite quickly after I found out viberg don't like doing returns from Australia)
I also love the toe cap look,which I've finally satisfied with a pair of army AB boots
The leather is outstanding on these, the grain is striking for sure.

barnabus

One Too Many
I bought these boots many months ago and found them immediately hideously uncomfortable. But I loved them so much that I hid them in the back of the wardrobe to fend off my conflicted impulses.

Just last week I dug them out again as I'm having a bit of an eBay purge, only to re-realise how very much I love them.

I tried them back on and to my absolute delight some Narnia-esque magic has broken them in for me in the meantime and they're comfortable now.

So I'm wearing them all the time. Triumph Stoke boots. Armoured for motorcycle use and CE rated.

IMG_20220531_192150661_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220531_193341663.jpg

barnabus

One Too Many
I bought these boots many months ago and found them immediately hideously uncomfortable. But I loved them so much that I hid them in the back of the wardrobe to fend off my conflicted impulses.

Just last week I dug them out again as I'm having a bit of an eBay purge, only to re-realise how very much I love them.

I tried them back on and to my absolute delight some Narnia-esque magic has broken them in for me in the meantime and they're comfortable now.

So I'm wearing them all the time. Triumph Stoke boots. Armoured for motorcycle use and CE rated.

View attachment 429941 View attachment 429942

Sorry to bang on about this but I'm amazed, frankly. I've been wearing these boots literally all the time since I discovered that somehow they're comfortable now - even for a ride this afternoon. It's astonishing that they've binary flipped from agonisingly unwearable to the actual most comfortable boots I own.

I could not be more delighted.

Edward

Bartender
Sorry to bang on about this but I'm amazed, frankly. I've been wearing these boots literally all the time since I discovered that somehow they're comfortable now - even for a ride this afternoon. It's astonishing that they've binary flipped from agonisingly unwearable to the actual most comfortable boots I own.

I could not be more delighted.

Always a joy when that sort of thing happens! Were these one of their collabs with Red Wing? They look very much like the RedWings Steve Macqueen wore at a time, which I'm guessing is far from coincidental.

Leigh H

Practically Family
I've been on the lookout for roughout engineer boots for a while,

i've decided to go with Nicks renegades

7E7HjtU.jpg

miM75Lg.jpg

there's also a nice Wesco roughout boot, a collab with Ship John Derroll

nZxHowP.jpg
8gCwN3K.jpg

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars

7E7HjtU.jpg

miM75Lg.jpg

nZxHowP.jpg
8gCwN3K.jpg
I didn't realize Nick's made these! I've had my eye on a pair, especially since I've seen @dublinprem 's awesome Clinch pair. I thought about going with the ShipJohn Wescos, but wasn't up to dealing with figuring out the fit. But since I already know my Nick's size...

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
Little video here reviewing the boots

So I'm looking at placing an order. I'm just having trouble selecting the options from their custom menu. It's not abundantly clear which options go with the sample boots pictured. I've sent them an email.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars

[/URL]

7E7HjtU.jpg

miM75Lg.jpg

[/URL]

nZxHowP.jpg
8gCwN3K.jpg
Here are the two pics from the website I sent them, and their response:

It is 1964 medium brown both smooth and roughout, the tan is much lighter! I cannot determine the last with a photo, it was likely HNW but I don't know for sure. It has a block heel and a moderate height heel stack

1326952C-57CA-427C-883D-3B2B1B058E21.jpeg
FDE88991-6EF0-4FE9-B769-278F26B62BE7.jpeg

Leigh H

Practically Family
Here are the two pics from the website I sent them, and their response:

It is 1964 medium brown both smooth and roughout, the tan is much lighter! I cannot determine the last with a photo, it was likely HNW but I don't know for sure. It has a block heel and a moderate height heel stack
If you look at the YouTube clip they are the 1964 brown roughout same as the sample photos.

I was torn between Tan and the brown, but went with the brown. The walnut are much darker.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
If you look at the YouTube clip they are the 1964 brown roughout same as the sample photos.

I was torn between Tan and the brown, but went with the brown. The walnut are much darker.

What did you decide for last, heel stack, heel profile, and toe structure?

I actually kind of like the full Vibram sole better, and may skip the Biltrite sole.

Leigh H

Practically Family
What did you decide for last, heel stack, heel profile, and toe structure?

I actually kind of like the full Vibram sole better, and may skip the Biltrite sole.
Boot Width D - Most common
Last HNW Moderate Arch
Boot Height 10''
Top Design Rolled
Toe Structure Soft Toe
Leather Style 1964 Brown All Roughout (7-8oz)
Pull LoopYes
Hardware ConfigurationBoth Buckles Heel Stack Classic (5/8" - 3/4" Leather Stack)
Heel ProfileDogger

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
Boot Width D - Most common
Last HNW Moderate Arch
Boot Height 10''
Top Design Rolled
Toe Structure Soft Toe
Leather Style 1964 Brown All Roughout (7-8oz)
Pull LoopYes
Hardware ConfigurationBoth Buckles Heel Stack Classic (5/8" - 3/4" Leather Stack)
Heel ProfileDogger

Here's what I decided to go with:

Last: HNW Moderate Arch
Boot Height: 10''
Top Design: Rolled
Hardware Configuration: Both Buckles
Leather Style: 1964 Brown All Roughout (7-8oz)
Boot Height: 10"
Pull Loop: No
Toe Structure: Celastic
Toe Heel Stack: Moderate (3/8"-1/2" Leather Stack)
Outsole: V-Bar
Edge Color: Natural - Default if selecting Honey Vibram or Leather sole Heel ProfileLogger

I *thought* I wanted the tan, but it is pretty light. I imagine it would darken over time, but I decided I didn't want to wait.

I also went back and forth quite a bit about the toe structure. Ultimately, I decided to try out the Celastic toe.

And lastly, I decided I like the look of the full rubber sole, so I went with the Vibram V-bar.

Now to wait, what, five months?

It's kind of like jackets. I'm already dreaming of a second pair with 1964 smooth brown leather, a block heel, and a leather sole...

Leigh H

Practically Family
Here's what I decided to go with:

Last: HNW Moderate Arch
Boot Height: 10''
Top Design: Rolled
Hardware Configuration: Both Buckles
Leather Style: 1964 Brown All Roughout (7-8oz)
Boot Height: 10"
Pull Loop: No
Toe Structure: Celastic
Toe Heel Stack: Moderate (3/8"-1/2" Leather Stack)
Outsole: V-Bar
Edge Color: Natural - Default if selecting Honey Vibram or Leather sole Heel ProfileLogger

I *thought* I wanted the tan, but it is pretty light. I imagine it would darken over time, but I decided I didn't want to wait.

I also went back and forth quite a bit about the toe structure. Ultimately, I decided to try out the Celastic toe.

And lastly, I decided I like the look of the full rubber sole, so I went with the Vibram V-bar.

Now to wait, what, five months?

It's kind of like jackets. I'm already dreaming of a second pair with 1964 smooth brown leather, a block heel, and a leather sole...
Here’s an example of the tan.

hNmReFk.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko