Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Edward

Bartender
Good eye. I've been wanting a pair of button boots for some time but most of them come with a zipper because buttoning them is somewhat cumbersome. But I strongly dislike zippers on boots.

View attachment 525112

I hear you on that. Zips are fine if they're an integral part of the design (think the classic British motorcycle zips by Lewis Goldtop et al with the zips up the back). Otherwise, when they're just inserted for convenience, they kinda reduce it to costume, imo. Fine if you need a quick change at the theatre, but.... The exception to the rule would be that pair of Kochman engineer boots with the side zip I've been eying as a practical footwear option when I get back to flying in Winter.... I've worn engineer boots through an airport before now, and they're a bit of a pest to take on and off at security. (Always irritates me how they have the necessary benches and such to get your stuff back on *after* security, but for all they try to bully you to strip off in the queue, it's only really practical once you get the length of the security conveyer itself!)

Psant25

One Too Many
Picked up some quoddy canoe shoes for summer. 20% off with being new customer. Went with pebble brown leather. Was looking at oakstreet, quoddy, rancourt, yuketen, sperry, etc. i think these look pretty good and price was reasonable. Anyone have a pair?
IMG_0902.jpeg

Have some sperry moccasins non gold line and they are pretty bad. Leather is junk.

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Picked up some quoddy canoe shoes for summer. 20% off with being new customer. Went with pebble brown leather. Was looking at oakstreet, quoddy, rancourt, yuketen, sperry, etc. i think these look pretty good and price was reasonable. Anyone have a pair?
View attachment 525517
Have some sperry moccasins non gold line and they are pretty bad. Leather is junk.
I’m not familiar with that brand but I got a pair of Rancourt Read shoes for the summer. So far I really like them.
IMG_3548.jpeg

Schambach

Practically Family
View attachment 525517
I think you'll be happy with them. I've got mocs from Quoddy, Rancourt, and Yuketen. The quoddys are probably the least structured, super comfortable, but not something you'd want to wear for a long walk, etc.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
I already own several pairs of Red Wings (9016, 3340, 8044).
Got one more pair (9011) coming up, couldn't pass up this color in my size in this condition for ~140eu.
1687423134633.png

1687423147220.png

1687423155656.png

All of my Red Wings have been bought used. All for under 150eu, all in great shape.
I've sold one pair already in the past, selling another pair currently.

Haven't found anything better value, especially considering 2nd hand market availability and getting them for under 150eu.
Although I think that my RW journey has come to an end, no more RWs for me. Unless I can find my grail model in my size... The holy flat toe box 9060!
1687423349180.png

Edward

Bartender
Ordered them on Sunday and they're here already.
On top of green Kelpie, a very different shade of green.
View attachment 526896
View attachment 526893
View attachment 526894
View attachment 526895
View attachment 526899

Nice. Those would pair well with green tweeds.

I already own several pairs of Red Wings (9016, 3340, 8044).
Got one more pair (9011) coming up, couldn't pass up this color in my size in this condition for ~140eu.
View attachment 527303
View attachment 527304
View attachment 527305

All of my Red Wings have been bought used. All for under 150eu, all in great shape.
I've sold one pair already in the past, selling another pair currently.

Haven't found anything better value, especially considering 2nd hand market availability and getting them for under 150eu.
Although I think that my RW journey has come to an end, no more RWs for me. Unless I can find my grail model in my size... The holy flat toe box 9060!
View attachment 527306

Those 9011s are sylistically fairly close to a DM or Solovair boot, though with a vastly nicer sole imo. I do like that colour.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
More RW content with my brand new, just arrived in the post, Red Wing 8111 in amber harness. I've worn my Moc Toes so much over the past 3 years, I'm looking forward to making some steps in these (my instincts tell me the break in could be tough with these, however)
PXL_20230622_095520604.jpg

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
More RW content with my brand new, just arrived in the post, Red Wing 8111 in amber harness. I've worn my Moc Toes so much over the past 3 years, I'm looking forward to making some steps in these (my instincts tell me the break in could be tough with these, however) View attachment 527313
The Iron Rangers was definately my toughest pair to break in. Sportstape needed all over.

Edward

Bartender
More RW content with my brand new, just arrived in the post, Red Wing 8111 in amber harness. I've worn my Moc Toes so much over the past 3 years, I'm looking forward to making some steps in these (my instincts tell me the break in could be tough with these, however) View attachment 527313

Iron Rangers? Yes. Best worn max one day at a time with something else in between wears til they break in. I wore mine three days in a row out of the box and blistered very badly. After a week or two, though, they became super-comfortable.

NZJono

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran