Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
9EE3E559-B8B2-46B2-9090-E10B19CE6E2C.jpeg
Wesco Mister Lou Engineers. Beautiful boots and very comfortable to wear once they are on, but boy is it a pain getting them on and off!

Colin G

One Too Many
View attachment 206906 Wesco Mister Lou Engineers. Beautiful boots and very comfortable to wear once they are on, but boy is it a pain getting them on and off!

Wow, really nice El Marro.

I actually ordered a pair of those yesterday in black from Baker's. Looks like they fit under slim cut jeans so I am sure I will be very happy. I am glad I waited since I was going to order the 7400 a few months back.

Did you get an E width? I tried 8 1/2 D Jobmasters before and they fit great so I ordered an 8 1/2 E in the Mr Lou.

Looks like you and I need one of these:

107-012-00_footfitter-teak-wood-shoe-horn_1.jpg

Last edited:

El Marro

Wow, really nice El Marro.

I actually ordered a pair of those yesterday in black from Baker's. Looks like they fit under slim cut jeans so I am sure I will be very happy. I am glad I waited since I was going to order the 7400 a few months back.

Did you get an E width? I tried 8 1/2 D Jobmasters before and they fit great so I ordered an 8 1/2 E in the Mr Lou.

Looks like you and I need one of these:

View attachment 206934
Colin,
Thanks man! I did order the E with as I have done with all of the Wesco boots I have with the MP style toe. You made a good call ordering these instead of the 7400’s, I own both and the Mister Lou’s are definitely a nicer boot. I think that extra long shoehorn is a great idea and I might go buy myself one tomorrow.

red devil

@Superfluous , Don't know if you would like this style, but in terms of comfort you might want to look at the Roam trainers from Bass Tokyo

IMG_9952.jpg

They have different colour combinations

Much like super I’m no fan of boots. Primarily because I don’t like wearing anything with a stepped sole, as I feel it forces my knees to hyper extend a bit when standing still. I did pick these up recently though and really like them. Redwing chukka. I won’t spend much on boots and these were cheap at just over $200. I think I’ll grab a pair in black or grey so I have an alternative to this orange/brown. They are far lighter than the iron rangers and the wedge sole feels better on my foot.
B44BA149-FBCF-4825-AC9F-D48C19FFB4A1.jpeg

Colin G

One Too Many
@ton312 I have a pair of those Red Wings in green suede. Like a sturdy desert boot and they are great. I used them for work when I was in the office since it looked kind of weird stomping around in boots. Good for summer too since they are not as hot as a 7" tall pair of boots. I won't wear flimsy desert boots any longer since buying them.

Since you're in the US, check Nordstrom Rack frequently online since those chukkas pop up cheap once in a while.

Last edited:
@ton312 I have a pair of those Red Wings in green suede. Like a sturdy desert boot and they are great. I used them for work when I was in the office since it looked kind of weird stomping around in boots.

Check Nordstrom Rack frequently online since those chukkas pop up cheap once in a while.
The OD suede were the ones I wanted! Found these on amazon, delivered in one day. Can’t complain. I’d definitely like the charcoal grey or black. My size (11) seems to sell out in most colors pretty quickly. I like these quite a bit. Far more sturdy than a tennis shoe or an oxford but not quite the same commitment level as a pair of 6” boots.

Colin G

One Too Many
Collin, I went with the E width also.. no way I would’ve fit in the D, and my feet are not really wide.
I ordered direct from Wesco.

I buy from Baker's Shoes and Boots in Oregon since their shipping costs are half what Wesco charges to Canada plus they have a fit guarantee so no issues if I need to exchange. Even on a custom pair. They are good people at Baker's so I keep coming back and I highly recommend their shop.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Man I actually would wear these! Had no idea they did these in a wedge sole. I thought only the chukkas and moc toe work boots had them.
View attachment 206994

That's all i wear, i have chukkas in black and brown for hot summer days, but 95% of the time i wear the 2989 which are the black engineers with crepe soles. I also have them in briar leather, 2970.
The soles on them are the standard crepe soles as found on the 877 and they are even more comfortable than what is on the Chukkas.

Unfortunately some genius decided only ladies wanted these and they stopped making them two or three years ago. Currently they are only available in ladies sizes.

If you find a pair you should get them, they are the most comfortable engineers i have worn. They feel like big leather sneakers.

Edit: are those a new version? are they making them in men sizes again? What is the model number?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points