Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Luchesse Classic Calfskin.

IMG_5147.jpeg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Very cool look. How's the weather there for leather jackets? Here in Miami we've had quite a bit of cooler weather this year starting around December. This weekend it's been 60s and low 70s: wearable weather for a lighter leather.
High 60s at night, low 70s during the day, scattered showers and windy here. Not really leather jacket country, but I don't care. I brought 1 horse hide, 1 capeskin, 1 goatskin, and a lighter cow hide GW with me, the rest are in storage.

Actually all credit goes to @Hurricane Jack who referred to them as “tall slippers”, I believe, and I was just happy to pile on.

bb, I am curious; do you have any experience with Boulet?
No, I have only just looked at them at my local shoe repair guy's shop. The ones he sells are geared more to the working man boots. They look sturdy and well made but the models I saw were a bit clunky.

Glad I didn’t miss this post, bb. Still laughing, with all due respect, of course. Wear your Ropahs proudly.
I do love my ropers BUT in my defense I am getting used to walking in a true western heel. I am not the most graceful at the best of times and at first wearing western boots was like walking on stilts in mud....but I am getting so much better at it.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Is that a Stetson? I have an identical looking hat, a Stetson I purchased here years ago when Johnny was auctioning a lot of NOS 1940s hats
Yep, it is a new Stetson Open Road Royal Deluxe, which has a dress weight and is far superior imo to the 6x I bought and passed on a few years ago. I picked it up from one2miniranch who described it saying:

Stetson's Royal Deluxe Open Road is softer and more luxurious than the 6X fur felt version. Ideal for dress and casual use it is made in the USA and has a 4 1/4" (front crease) cattleman crown and a 2 3/4" bound edge. Features include a thin grosgrain ribbon band with Stetson pin, roan leather sweatband and full satin lining.
Ships in a Stetson factory hat box.

https://www.one2miniranch.com/stetson-royal-deluxe-fur-open-road-western-hat/

Of course, a pre-60s OR it ain't. I would love to buy a size 7 1/2 Vintage Open Road from the good old days, if anyone has one they want to move on.

andyone

A-List Customer
For more than 10 years, I used to wear Red Wings. Not long ago, I saw on Instagram boots from Dr. Footers and was wondering if they are a step up to my Red Wings. Coincidentally he exhibited at a local fair and I had the possibility to try on his boots. Finally, I went home with new boots from him - the model is called "Mariner". A handmade boot in horsehide leather - I like it a lot!
Of course they are more expensive than Red Wings - but in my opinion worth it...

IMG_5252.JPG IMG_5253.JPG IMG_5251.JPG

Last edited:

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For more than 10 years, I used to wear Red Wings. Not long ago, I saw on Instagram boots from Dr. Footers and was wondering if they are a step up to my Red Wings. Coincidentally he exhibited at a local fair and I had the possibility to try on his boots. Finally, I went home with new boots from him - the model is called "Mariner". A handmade boot in horsehide leather - I like it a lot!
Of course they are more expensive than Red Wings - but in my opinion worth it...

View attachment 219692 View attachment 219693 View attachment 219691

Thanks for sharing, have been curious about them! Any idea which horsehide it is? Could you post some more pics?

dannyk

One Too Many

View attachment 219692 View attachment 219693 View attachment 219691
Look great but clicking that link at least on my phone...it was the weirdest site and couldn’t really follow it ha. I’ll try on my desktop maybe.

andyone

A-List Customer
Thanks for sharing, have been curious about them! Any idea which horsehide it is? Could you post some more pics?
No, I don't know the horsehide. As I chatted with him, he asked me to not posting more detailed pictures because he's a little scared about potential copycats. I will respect his opinion and try to convince him to chime in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran