Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

andyone

A-List Customer
0E16FF18-0B1A-4690-9913-E16C3131A46D.jpg
E24DE448-4129-4BD4-B01C-82AED078DF5E.jpg
It's too hot for a jacket but I finally got my resoled Red Wings - gonna wear it even if I should rather take some FlipFlops

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I've been following the Chinese shoemaker called FlamePanda on Instagram for a while and I'm impressed by their work and the leathers they offer - especially the olive shell cordovan or the horsebutt from Maryam tannery. My favorite ones are following monkeyboots made of olive Shell Cordovan which whould perfectly match my olive Lost Worlds Bedford but I'm really torn as the maker is located in a remote town in China and unfortunately not in Japan....not sure if FlamePanda is worth the money. The price is $1300 (Shell Cordovan) and $850 (Maryam horsebutt). I tend to Shell Cordovan ones but the price is relatively high as they are made in China. Waiting time is 3-4 months which is OK. What do you think? Do you have experience with FlamePanda? They do full hand welting like e.g. Clinch but I'm not sure if they really can meet these quality standard. They even offer Norvegese stitching. Not sure if the risk is high ordering from them.

upload_2020-8-19_16-26-53.png

upload_2020-8-19_16-27-0.png

upload_2020-8-19_16-27-7.png

upload_2020-8-19_16-27-15.png

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I've been following the Chinese shoemaker called FlamePanda on Instagram for a while and I'm impressed by their work and the leathers they offer - especially the olive shell cordovan or the horsebutt from Maryam tannery. My favorite ones are following monkeyboots made of olive Shell Cordovan which whould perfectly match my olive Lost Worlds Bedford but I'm really torn as the maker is located in a remote town in China and unfortunately not in Japan....not sure if FlamePanda is worth the money. The price is $1300 (Shell Cordovan) and $850 (Maryam horsebutt). I tend to Shell Cordovan ones but the price is relatively high as they are made in China. Waiting time is 3-4 months which is OK. What do you think? Do you have experience with FlamePanda? They do full hand welting like e.g. Clinch but I'm not sure if they really can meet these quality standard. They even offer Norvegese stitching. Not sure if the risk is high ordering from them.

View attachment 254835

View attachment 254836

View attachment 254837

View attachment 254838
@dudewuttheheck What is you experience with Flame Panda in terms of boot construction and quality (stitching, leather, etc.)? Did you choose Kangaroo lining ($30 extra) or standard calf skin (no extra charge)? Peng also offered me to make Norvegese stitching ($150 extra) which makes the boots more solid. How would you compare the quality with Viberg, Lofgren, Attractions? Peng's boots at least look top notch but he doesn't have a webshop and he only has 3.8k followers on Insta so far...everyone needs to start a some point and I want to support small family owned companies....I was also not disappointed when I was taking the risk and contacted Greg Fields and now I'm also close to place an order. Thanks!

andyone

A-List Customer
@dudewuttheheck What is you experience with Flame Panda in terms of boot construction and quality (stitching, leather, etc.)? Did you choose Kangaroo lining ($30 extra) or standard calf skin (no extra charge)? Peng also offered me to make Norvegese stitching ($150 extra) which makes the boots more solid. How would you compare the quality with Viberg, Lofgren, Attractions? Peng's boots at least look top notch but he doesn't have a webshop and he only has 3.8k followers on Insta so far...everyone needs to start a some point and I want to support small family owned companies....I was also not disappointed when I was taking the risk and contacted Greg Fields and now I'm also close to place an order. Thanks!

Hi Robbie
Maybe you have't seen this yet:
https://almostvintagestyle.com/2020...de-in-china-boots-be-flame-panda-boot-review/
Could be helpful if you are interested in the opinion of @dudewuttheheck :)

Andy

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How many of you are concerned with matching the color of their leather jackets with the color of their boots? I more concerned about how clean my boots are then if they color match my leather jacket unless I am dressing for an occasion in which case I will likely be wearing oxfords rather than boots. By now my brown boots have been oiled so many times they are a seal brown

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
How many of you are concerned with matching the color of their leather jackets with the color of their boots? I more concerned about how clean my boots are then if they color match my leather jacket unless I am dressing for an occasion in which case I will likely be wearing oxfords rather than boots. By now my brown boots have been oiled so many times they are a seal brown
Imo the colors don't have to be a perfect match. I would never wear brown boots with a black jacket though. Same applies to belt and bag. I don't mix black and brown.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think not even same color range is mandatorily necessary. That Cordovan boots above harmonize very well with black or dark blue jackets and coats, at least imho.

Though I have to confess that I initially bought them to match my Cordovan Highwayman...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana