Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's what's preventing me from ordering too, I'd be hard pressed if I waited for a year and ordered the wrong size. I'll probably just wait til the pandemic is over and visit Tokyo to get fitted too
The "Clinch" sizes are smaller so a Clinch 9.5 is US 8.5. e.g. It is marked Clinch 9.5, US 8.5, UK 8 on the box of my engineer boots.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
If you can wait, that is for the best. Otherwise you could always send them your foot tracing?

Just to be clear, they don't make a custom fit, they choose the size that best suits you

Noted on the no custom fit heads up. I'm anywhere between US 8-8.5 depending on the last. The foot tracing might work too

The "Clinch" sizes are smaller so a Clinch 9.5 is US 8.5. e.g. It is marked Clinch 9.5, US 8.5, UK 8 on the box of my engineer boots.

That's good to know. Thank you.

Turnip

Today this jacket..

full

with these town boots...

full

Albe64

One of the Regulars
My ideal winter combo, specially for riding my HD, is summarized in these 4 boots (from left to right):

- John Lofgren Logger Boots (bordeaux)
- John Lofgren Engineer
- Yuketen cordovan monkeys
- Oak Street Bootmakers blonde suede

Hope you like these loyal comrades of mine!
20201208_165832.jpg

Psant25

One Too Many
Honcho boots are looking good! Regular brushing has them shiny. Had my cobbler add some sole savers and sand the heels some. I cant stand when the heels are off. I think maybe only 1 pair of whites out of all my boots Did not need some love

Have 2 pair on order matching black and brown cxl HH 12 inch
A16AC3D3-7385-4DC6-81DC-2ADFD2EC4FEB.jpeg

Last edited:

Kalmer

One of the Regulars
A quick question regarding the steel toes, or more specifically the steel toes on Wesco Engineer boots if anyone has the experience.

How much extra weight do they add on and how does it feel when walking around with them VS without? I don't ride, so would it be a really bad idea to have them or it doesn't really matter for daily walk?

Thanks for any kinds of input!

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ not so much the weight, (probably ony a few ounces of material per boot) but more the feel of the boot, toe shape, stiffness (of course) and "coldness" of the toe itself.

My work requires Metatarsil boots in our plant. That takes steel toe up a large notch and is very protective, however my Met's weight in around 9lbs for the pair (White's) Unless you need to safety factor of steel toes, I would skip them for daily wear boots. None of my current stock has them except the dedicated Met's.

Now that I own a pair, I highly reccommend a pair of Wesco Mr. Lou's

Last edited:

El Marro

I agree with @AeroFan_07 on steel toes. I wear steel toed Red Wing 2416s at work every day but none of my recreational boots have safety toes. Unless you need them for the protection they just add unnecessary weight and make the boot less comfortable when you are kneeling or bending your foot.

Turnip

Thank you!
I would say they combine Moc Toe comfort with advanced Ranger grip.
Thin padded inner fabric lining feels a bit less basic than classic Moc Toes. Walking in city streets I could not find a real difference to the white Moc sole.
Toughness of leather is similar to the 8859, maybe a notch tougher.
Just some first impressions.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
^^ not so much the weight, (probably ony a few ounces of material per boot) but more the feel of the boot, toe shape, stiffness (of course) and "coldness" of the toe itself.

My work requires Metatarsil boots in our plant. That takes steel toe up a large notch and is very protective, however my Met's weight in around 9lbs for the pair (White's) Unless you need to safety factor of steel toes, I would skip them for daily wear boots. None of my current stock has them except the dedicated Met's.

Now that I own a pair, I highly reccommend a pair of Wesco Mr. Lou's

I’m really looking at the Mr Lou’s (or possibly the Boss in Tan). Any pics on foot or thoughts you’d share? Searched the thread and didn’t see any other posts about them

Edit: whoops had a fragment of a username in the search bar messing up results. Still combing through all the results.

Last edited:

Psant25

One Too Many
I’m really looking at the Mr Lou’s (or possibly the Boss in Tan). Any pics on foot or thoughts you’d share? Searched the thread and didn’t see any other posts about them

Edit: whoops had a fragment of a username in the search bar messing up results. Still combing through all the results.
I like black bear brands wesco collabs did you see those? i think I would spec a less aggressive sole and narrow the shaft, but leather is cool
https://blackbearbrand.com/black-bear-brand-factory-store

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21