Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
D5FA1754-4A71-46E3-A818-271E39449DDE.jpeg

3258B5BC-A11E-4E9D-94A4-FF95349A88D3.jpeg

These Chippewas arrived yesterday.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Reactions: EAC

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have no idea how old they are, but they are in really good shape. Yep, they do have decorative stitching like on a cowboy boot.

There are a few similar on eBay at the moment: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1753582696...lWrPs7KTaa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
They look like packer boots at one time aimed at riding into the backcountry and getting off your horse to walk maybe hunting, fishing, or exploring off your horse.
I order a pair of packers from Whites without the toe bug through it was an option. I was surprised my boots came without kites although I would not have used the kites

Attachments

• E2F33C58-6893-4D4B-BBA4-44D7D6974477.jpeg
    E2F33C58-6893-4D4B-BBA4-44D7D6974477.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
They look like packer boots at one time aimed at riding into the backcountry and getting off your horse to walk maybe hunting, fishing, or exploring off your horse.
I order a pair of packers from Whites without the toe bug through it was an option. I was surprised my boots came without kites although I would have used the kites

Those Whites look terrific!

Edward

Bartender
I order a pair of packers from Whites without the toe bug through it was an option. I was surprised my boots came without kites although I would not have used the kites

I've never had a pair of boots with those tongue-protectors. It's something I'd like to try sometime, though I think I'd prefer something more subtle than a lot of them seem to be. Even if I didn't use them, though, it seems a nice detail, nice extra layer of effort for the manufacturer to go to.

I've never had a pair of boots with those tongue-protectors. It's something I'd like to try sometime, though I think I'd prefer something more subtle than a lot of them seem to be. Even if I didn't use them, though, it seems a nice detail, nice extra layer of effort for the manufacturer to go to.
I'm not sure how effective the "kiltie" is as a dust protector but i think they add a nice detail. I have a pair of White's Hathorn and TL packers that came with kilties I've left attached. I like the look.

mr_lits

A-List Customer
I have all sorts of boots and kicks, but the Zamberlan Tofane is probably the most versatile boots I have owned. Living in Alaska it is literally an ice desert for 6-7 months of the year, so boots have to be rugged, well treaded and warm... mostly warm. Solid handmade construction, well insulated, full leather upper with a Norwegian welt. This last pair has lasted just shy of a decade now... they are retired now as my fishing wader boots. I have taken these everywhere; up mountain sides, hunting, motorcycle riding, and yes.... even wearing a nice shearling out to a show with the missus. I usually short/ankle lace 'em for easy in and out general use and then tie 'em up proper when the work needs gettin' done. Looking forward to wearing out this next pair.
IMG_5252.jpg
IMG_5253.jpg

I have all sorts of boots and kicks, but the Zamberlan Tofane is probably the most versatile boots I have owned. Living in Alaska it is literally an ice desert for 6-7 months of the year, so boots have to be rugged, well treaded and warm... mostly warm. Solid handmade construction, well insulated, full leather upper with a Norwegian welt. This last pair has lasted just shy of a decade now... they are retired now as my fishing wader boots. I have taken these everywhere; up mountain sides, hunting, motorcycle riding, and yes.... even wearing a nice shearling out to a show with the missus. I usually short/ankle lace 'em for easy in and out general use and then tie 'em up proper when the work needs gettin' done. Looking forward to wearing out this next pair.
View attachment 445199 View attachment 445200

You certainly need these there! And they're really cool.
Last year I bought a pair of full leather HAIX field boots & had to hide them in the wardrobe so not to wear them at literally all times, how versatile, comfortable and nice to wear they are.

Damon141

Practically Family
Viberg sizing can be strange and since I have limited experience with them and received multiple answers from retailers on my sizing, I decided to take a plunge and order a 1/2 size down in these barely used Viberg roughout 2030 boots.
The 9.5 seemingly fit and my heel and ball land where they should with no heel slippage but I noticed there was quite a bit of room in the toe box. Everyone says that room in the toe box isn’t anything for concern and I agree but curiosity got the best of me and these were a steal at $300 in size 9.
Apparently I can fit into a size 9 and 9.5 in the 2030 last which broadened my choices for deals and sales.

I’ve never owned a boot with such an outsole, it’s kind of strange at first putting on such a heavy boot with the outsole which make it appear so much lighter, they have a much different feeling when stepping than the typical danite or ridgeway sole. They are nice for a casual look.
I think they would look good with those leather laces everyone buys aftermarket, I can’t remember the brand.
380536A3-934F-4F5F-A39F-0F5721F8F147.jpeg
3A72FDF1-BA68-4BA5-9502-6395FB13B132.jpeg
669F5616-C019-437C-9CFF-AE967705F15E.jpeg
4C0E28C0-2EEC-4298-AF74-BDCF772DFDB1.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ