Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
NOS jump boots and Chucks.
Best of both worlds.
B
87E6ABD4-862C-4494-9883-D3A58213F05F.jpeg
F89A6A8F-B00B-4700-A811-9AA880854DFD.jpeg
31A24A8A-8AF6-4420-BF3E-FA861EC89C6A.jpeg

I-Jusa-I

Familiar Face
NOS jump boots and Chucks.
Best of both worlds.

I wish someone made a good repro of the Corcoran jump boots out of better quality leather.

I've had a pair of the brown Corcoran "historic" jump boots, or what ever they call their own "repros" of the WW2 jump boots and they were just horrible and the leather felt more like cardboard than proper boot leather. Stitching was all over the place and one of the heels was already tearing off out of the box.

I also have a pair of older black red label Corcorans that have a bit better leather, tho they arent the best either.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I wish someone made a good repro of the Corcoran jump boots out of better quality leather.

I've had a pair of the brown Corcoran "historic" jump boots, or what ever they call their own "repros" of the WW2 jump boots and they were just horrible and the leather felt more like cardboard than proper boot leather. Stitching was all over the place and one of the heels was already tearing off out of the box.

I also have a pair of older black red label Corcorans that have a bit better leather, tho they arent the best either.
They suck.
I stripped the coating off them and did some things to make mine better, but I saw minimal change beyond the appearance and I just wear them occasionally mowing the lawn in the fall / winter because they're not good for anything else.

doug5551

New in Town
I don't know how Amazon does it. They can sell Allen Edmonds at prices lower than anywhere else.

View attachment 534636
@Fifty150

You got me!!!

With the forum now functioning properly, I came back to this thread and saw your post again.

I decided to check Amazon again and they trolled me.....

Allen Edmonds Landon in Walnut in my size for $195.

I couldn't say no at that loss-leader price.

As you correctly said, I don't know how Amazon can do such a low price, and then read my mind to discern my exact size and preferred color preference.

Will post pics soon!!!

Thank you for sharing the information and your knowledge.

I ended up with an amazing pair at an unbelievable price!!!

Schambach

Practically Family
These Wesco Hendriks are my most worn boot this year.

A big reason being the work leather, I don't have to worry about any damage or be precious with them at all.

The other reason is my most worn jacket this year, Vanson Model E, is also black and matches nicely with these!

View attachment 552570

View attachment 552572
Those are ace. I love the wesco work leather, especially the black. What are the laces?

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Those are ace. I love the wesco work leather, especially the black. What are the laces?
Thanks, these are James B. Young Kangaroo leather laces. I really like the laces, use them for my "work" boots because they're super tough and don't start fraying and splitting like the usual cowhide strip leather laces.

Schambach

Practically Family
Thanks, these are James B. Young Kangaroo leather laces. I really like the laces, use them for my "work" boots because they're super tough and don't start fraying and splitting like the usual cowhide strip leather laces.
Thanks, that's a new one for me. They last pretty well?

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Thanks, that's a new one for me. They last pretty well?
Indeed, they have hemp rope core with kangaroo leather outer, the surface of the kangaroo leather gets a little chewed up from speed hooks, but on these Wesco which are all eyelets, they are perfect because there is less abrasion. Still look very neat and with great patina and grain, no signs of failure. Originally one of the aglets came loose, he sent me a bunch of them and I resized and set the aglets myself and they haven't missed a beat.

They do start very stiff but after loosening up, they are by far my favourite laces for casual boots.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Indeed, they have hemp rope core with kangaroo leather outer, the surface of the kangaroo leather gets a little chewed up from speed hooks, but on these Wesco which are all eyelets, they are perfect because there is less abrasion. Still look very neat and with great patina and grain, no signs of failure. Originally one of the aglets came loose, he sent me a bunch of them and I resized and set the aglets myself and they haven't missed a beat.

They do start very stiff but after loosening up, they are by far my favourite laces for casual boots.
These are beautiful laces. They actually add aesthetic value to the boots, as opposed to regular laces, which often subtract.

doug5551

New in Town
Ok, I have a pretty extensive collection of 12 Cowboy Boots with mostly Full exotic boots of Alligator, Nile Crocodile, Caiman, Ostrich and Python. I love them a lot but don't want to get any more because more would dilute the amount of time I can wear what I already have, and I have 4 pairs that I would call grails.

However, I didn't block this site and promise never to come back. I somehow realized I was in need of a pair of Engineer boots, which I could justify because they are different than Cowboy boots and I had never owned a pair.

Uh-ohhhhh...

So I spent the last few weeks reading this thread as well as the Engineering boot thread. I enjoyed the research and spent a ton of time reading and learning.

It was clear that fit was a really big deal with this style of boots.

What to do??!!

How deep down the rabbit hole should I go???!

I decided I wanted natural cxl.

On eBay I found a pair I could return if they didn't fit.
They were wesco mister lou engineer natural CXL 9.5E.

They just arrived and fit me perfectly and for me they are completely true to size!!!!

I love them and look forward to creating patina on the natural cxl. I love how they look now!!
s-l1600 - 2023-11-10T124512.132.jpg

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Ok, I have a pretty extensive collection of 12 Cowboy Boots with mostly Full exotic boots of Alligator, Nile Crocodile, Caiman, Ostrich and Python. I love them a lot but don't want to get any more because more would dilute the amount of time I can wear what I already have, and I have 4 pairs that I would call grails.

However, I didn't block this site and promise never to come back. I somehow realized I was in need of a pair of Engineer boots, which I could justify because they are different than Cowboy boots and I had never owned a pair.

Uh-ohhhhh...

So I spent the last few weeks reading this thread as well as the Engineering boot thread. I enjoyed the research and spent a ton of time reading and learning.

It was clear that fit was a really big deal with this style of boots.

What to do??!!

How deep down the rabbit hole should I go???!

I decided I wanted natural cxl.

On eBay I found a pair I could return if they didn't fit.
They were wesco mister lou engineer natural CXL 9.5E.

They just arrived and fit me perfectly and for me they are completely true to size!!!!

I love them and look forward to creating patina on the natural cxl. I love how they look now!! View attachment 559497
Great choice! My Flat Heads are natural cxl. They will patina beautifully. Glad they fit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner