Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For gtdean: Stacks O' Hats!

ET

One of the Regulars
I would like to be in line for 7 1/4s when the bloom goes off here. I thought I was getting carried away with 10 or so but you win.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Here's how I've got mine scattered and somewhat organized around my study.

Closet stacks:
DSC_0014.jpg

Couple of real beaters on other end of closet:
DSC_0016.jpg

Strat w/ topcoat on a handy hook:
DSC_0017.jpg

On display, sort of. The black boxes also contain 2 to 3 hats each:
DSC_0018.jpg

This trunk's got about a dozen in it:
DSC_0011.jpg

Four more above that desk:
DSC_0012.jpg

To be continued...

Sargon

Familiar Face
Now I just feel hat poor! :eek: Is this what I have to look forward to? Awesome! Sign me up! At least when I collected wrist watches they were easier to hide.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
You see, I like to keep 'em handy too.

Wow, that's a lot of sweet lids, Gene! And nicely displayed as well! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

One problem I have with hats that are out is dust. We seem to have an awful lot of it here. I may need to start changing the HVAC system filter more often. :eusa_doh:

Cheers,
Tom

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, dust is a problem for anyone. I like to think I'm mitigating it somewhat by keeping some of them up high and others inside the closet - but I might be kidding myself. When one has sat a long time, I do run a brush over it and that cleans it off just fine.

The ones that are inside the trunk and those black boxes are protected best, but, ironically, those are my least favorite hats and that's why they're hidden.

I just can't bring myself to actually put my hats in hat boxes where I can't see them and where the boxes will take up so much space. Oh well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff